Is there a way to make non newtonian fluids in blender sim?

Is there a way to make non newtonian fluids in blender sim?

This is fluid sim with viscosity at maximum allowed by blender, some compressibility, and a time shift. The sim is actually 100 frames
(4 seconds) long but I have set the time for 10 second in the sim so it goes in kind of slow motion. There are no materials in the blend. Looks like this: just click ‘Bake’

Blend on dropbox

The ball doesn’t react to the fluid on my computer for some reason. Obstacle is on.

Did you bake the simulation? Select the domain, physics, bake button. Took about 3 minutes on my i5.

Yes of course. Did that… The liquid moves and everything it just doesn’t react to the ball for some reason. What version of blender are you using?

I’ll try my own test from those settings.

It’s simple, unfortunately right now blender simulations are not unified, this means that the fluid will not affect the ball. The fluid and the rigid body (ball) simulations are two separate things, so if you throw the ball in the fluid it will just pass trough, or bounce on if you baked the fluid first.

I think I see the issue. When you open that blend it is keeping the fluid cache with my hard coded directory (c:\users im\appdata…)

So open the original file. Go to the domain settings, at the top under fluid, there is a directory path where the simulation data is written to, click on the folder icon and go to the same direcotry that the blend is, then bake it, and you’re good to go.

@Thanzex, There is no rigid body in this simulation, the ball is a fluid obstacle and it’s movement is keyframed using simple loc/rot.

I wasn’t trying to be patronizing with the bake suggestion, but I have posted fluid sim and the user didn’t know they had to bake first.