Still Trying To Create Realistic Glint!!

I’ve applied a glare/halo effect, using internal render, creating keyframes that allow the “glint” to appear/disappear rather quickly; however, a realistic glint “fades”, albeit rather quickly, but not appear/disappear. I’ve scoured the web looking for tutorials, even trying to reviveVideo: How to Create Glint Effects in Blender this 2007 tutorial from Kermond…it’s no longer available??

It occurred to me that a more realistic effect could possibly be accomplished with compositing, but my use of nodes is rather limited; however, I understand enough to “follow instructions”, if compositing is possible?

Any assistance is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks, norvman, for the reply. I now have a dumb question: My project, thus far, has all been accomplished in Blender Render. Can I now create the glint effect using compositor/nodes, and do a final render using both? Use of both rendering options has just never been clear to me???

Yes… Compositing is of coarse a Post Rendering Function… so it does not matter if your working in Bender Internal (Blender Render) or Cycles… your compositing will still go on top of what ever you have rendered out…