Delta rotation keyframe

Hi,

I’m animating a crossbow that has a barrel with arrows, similar to a revolver. I’l be using it in unity. I want to make a animation that spins the barrel for certain amount of degrees. I managed to rotate the barrel, but I don’t want to reset it’s position every time I repeat the animation. Should I use delta rotation keyframe? I tried using it, but I don’t know how to save changes in a keyframe, i’ts not the same as with the regular rotation keyframe. I’m a n00b as you can see. I tried googling it, but couldn’t find a solution. I would appreciate all the help.

Delta rotation is just an additional rotation on the current state.

If you keyframe a delta rotation from 0 to 45 degrees on the X axis.
If the current X axis rotation is 23 degrees, playing back the animation it will rotate from 23 to 68 degrees. Play it again and it will rotate from 68 to 113 degrees.
If they were normal rotation keyframes and you played the animation the rotation would change from 23 degrees back to 0 degrees then rotate to 45 degrees. Play it again and it would change back to 0 degrees and rotate to 45 degrees

Attachments

rotate.blend (92.6 KB)

I see. If I have several elements selected and I want to rotate all of them how do I do it? When I select multiple objects the last one is outlined yellow and the rest orange. When I apply delta rotation only last selected element is rotated.

You can use normal rotation keyframes and convert them to delta keyframes