Please suggest tutorials for how to use blender for video editing

I know that as well as it’s 3d abilities for modelling and rendering, lighting and animating blender also contains the ability to:
do greenscreen type effects
place virtual objects into already filmed real world videos
take a number of video clips and join and merge them together into a longer finished video
perform simple editing upon the audio tracks within a video

But i’m not fully sure of how these features work, what exactly they can do, how common video editing tasks (like greenscreen) can be performed or what method is best for achieving what desired effect.
Please can anyone suggest tutorials, PREFERABLY TEXT AND IMAGE TUTORIALS rather than video tutorials, on this subject.

Tutorials about tasks you would need to complete to work through the following sort of steps:

1.take a video, let’s call it clip1.avi, filmed in the real world and insert a virtual cgi object into it, a mech walking past your house or a UFO superimposed on the skyline of your home town for example. Then end up exporting a video, clip01.mp4.
2.take a totally separate video, lets call it clip2.avi, of someone acting infront of a greenscreen and use blender to trim the bottom from the image, remove the last 35 seconds of the footage and replace the greenscreen with a cgi background. Then end up exporting a video, clip02.mp4.
3.use blender to open up clip01.mp4 and insert some particular sounds at certain points.
4.use blender to open up clip02.mp4 and insert a background music track.
5.use blender to join clip01.mp4 and clip02.mp4 into one long final video, let’s call it clipfinal.mp4 with video and sound.
6.perform further post-processing on clipfinal.mp4 to make it look and sound really high quality and professional.

Those aren’t specific things i need to do but they are the main areas of editing i can think of which encompas most of the things i might need to do. I don’t have an exact problem i need to solve at the moment or an exact thing I want to do because I have not previously made use of blender’s video editing features and would like to see some tutorials about what they can do and how it is done before i try to use them.

Thank You

Moderators: I apologise that i attempted to post this in the “tips tricks tutorials” section, i didn’t relaise that section was only for sharing tutorials, not requesting them, until i tried to start a thread and got a “this will be reviewed by a moderator before it is shown” mesage. Please delete that attempt to post there and leave this thread open.

NOTE: my system, windows 8 64 bit, blender 2.65, reasonable processing power and memory but not a really large amount as it’s a laptop

The clip string out thing and adding 3D renders to video is a pretty straightforward function of the VSE but the chroma keying is not. To key out blue screen/greenscreen you have to use the compositor. The best solution then is to either generate the alpha channel from the green screen footage there and import into the VSE later or complete the total compositing function in the node editor.

The first requirement (string out and audio) is easy to find while the later will give a bit of trouble as not many people bother writing tuts for these subjects.

I have some VSE tutorials at my youtube channel in the sig below.

Thanks for the links to your youtube channel, can you think of any other good tutorials also, preferably in the form of pictures and text rather than videos.

Sorry there aren’t many modern tutorials in print as they are more time consuming to create. Sadly there were never very many for the VSE and it’s changing pretty rapidly at the moment with the current open movie project.