Is there a free blog site anywhere for blender users?

Hi all, I am curious to know if there are any good sites for free blog space anywhere on the web, preferably in english, that Blender users, use often? I’d like to log a project that uses a customized build of blender and python to take advantage of pythons pyserial wrapper. This project is a WIP but it does not realy fit under Artists or Gaming here, it is more of an Electronics project that will allow you to use arduino’s, parallax propellers, or other microcontroller suitable for PC serial/usb communications, to adjust the controls in blenders UI.

I’ve already emailed the blender foundation but Ton gave me the boot, so to speak, and sent me to the developers site. I don’t think they will be interested until there is something functional to show them. I have already used python outside of blender to talk to my microcontroller and I can get data from it.

I’d like to start by using a Potentiometer to move one of blenders UI variables, like the rgb colors or something like that. I have all the hardware and basic schematics.

It will indeed work, similar to audio production studios control boards, how when you make an adjustment on the Equalizer it adjusts the recording software, and how when an adjustment is made in software it moves the Equalizer control panel dial. I don’t have a motorized pot to work with but it is not realy needed as a proof of concept.

If you would like to see this happen I need a site to post progress, designs, blend files, instructions, eagle files, etc… I will only do this if those interested would like this project to be OpenSource and OpenHardware designs. If users are unfamiliar with electronics we will be able to sell them premade/tested hardware boards for USB connections.

Thanks in advance, I’ll click this thread to monitored/subscribed to get notified of any replies/posts daily through mail.

Please no beginners as I want this to be up quick for Propeller microcontrollers (I’ll do all that), and Arduino (you will have to do that)! Preferably before Blender is in version 3.0.

Blendernation!

Thanks for pointing me in the right directions, but that is more for news about existing projects and I couldn’t find a signup page, but…, it did lead me to Blender.org blog, I had no idea existed, that I think will be better suited for this type of project. http://code.blender.org/index.php/about/ if I have have success there, the blendernation site is more apt to pick up the news anyways.

So thanks for putting me on the right track.

Aside from forums and social networking, there’s not really a “place” like that. The Blender Cloud might eventually grow to be that kind of thing, but it isn’t there at the moment.

code.blender.org is where current Blender developers tend to post their progress on established projects. You’d need to be a more active Blender dev to make a post there.

Personally, I’d recommend just setting up your own blog (wordpress, blogger, tumblr, pick your platform) and just direct people there from forums and social media (and Blender Nation, once you have stuff to show).

I am setting something up on sourceforge.net, I have a couple projects there from a few years ago, I doubt a project like this would get too much attention without a proof of concept that actualy works so I am getting it started there. If Blender Foundation ends up liking it and wants to help with it, I can move the project to blenders developmet tree. Maybe i’ll have something in a month or two to test but right now I am setting up the home page and a development log page. Once I get a video of it working and some documentation I’ll post a link here and try posting an article on BlenderNation.

Thanks for the advice and info.