Living Room Scene

Hi all,

Just finished working on this living room scene. One thing I am wondering is do the sofa cushions look OK or do they look rock hard? I didn’t do any sculpting as every attempt I have made at sculpting has ended badly.

Any other feedback most welcome.

Very nice overall! I feel the cushions do look really hard. I would have a look at this: http://www.thearchitectureacademy.com/sq/38809-leather-couch

The only thing I can see that needs a bit of work are the cushions, the repetition stands out, and they do look pretty solid. I think it would help to have them conform to the shape of the couch, and any surrounding cushions that they sit on. The rest of the scene is looking great though! Is the carpet purely textures, or did you use some particles?

Thanks for the feedback. I will try and make some adjustments.

ShadowCamero, I actually did watch that and the one Andrew made on cloth material couches. I will have to watch them again and try sculpting one more time.

dan-r, The carpet is made with a particle system.

The pictures on the wall are a bit too vibrant while the rest of the room looks colorless.

Are the doors missing door handles?

I like it and will like to live in a place that cool.

I see 3 probleme.

Two on the doors.

It’s maybe me but the doors seam wrong. They look to massive generaly you dont do door that large because it ruin to much space of the room where you can put nothing to let them open and close. here it look like the doors are almost half as large as they are big and I think somthing clother than 2/5 will be more elegant. The handles seems out of scale too.

Bad cats photo.

It look like somone paid an expert to make his interior and then put photo of his cat made with his phone to personalise it. The worst part of it is that it probably apend a lot.

Yeah, I’m not keen on the doors either. I think the worst part for me is that their angles jar with the perspective lines coming along the ceiling. If you want something like that to frame the image, possibly consider modelling the door frame, potentially even having the doors swinging the other way (although that might make the image a bit too large for the scene).

In terms of the cushions, rather than going back into sculpting, you might be able to fix it using modifiers - for example the “curve” modifier under the deform menu. Don’t go over the top - a gentle two-point bezier would probably do it, just to make them curve to the contours of the seat a little better.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t been on here in a while.

Sandra - There are handles on the doors, they are just kind of hard to see since they blend in with the doors.

Good points about the photos. I choose them to be silly, but they really do take away from the image.

The whole scene is based off a photograph I was trying to duplicate. But I think I will try it with doors removed and adding a frame around the opening. Hopefully that will help.