Series 1 4.2 Roadster

Enzo Ferrari called it “The most beautiful car ever built”
The Jaguar E-Type, Jaguar produced from 1961 to 1975, was a breakthrough vehicle for the design, handling characteristics and aesthetics, in advance of the times in which the car was introduced. Its price, lower than that of competitors, contributed to its success, with a total of 70,000 cars sold in the 14 years that remained in production.
I tried to replicate with high fidelity the series 1 Roadster hardtop version.
Starting from the blueprint I tried to recreate the maximum volumes, and then thanks to several reference photos found on the web I’ve taken care of even the smallest details.

The model was made entirely in blender 2.72 cycles render. Post-production was done in Gimp.
I have to thank http://www.harniman.com/ for the hdri and backplates.

Feel free to comment. :slight_smile:

A beautiful result, you’re hard work was well worth it. These are some of the best car renders I’ve seen on these forums. I hope you’re sharing them on other sites like CG Society and Evermotion, you can certainly hang with the pros! Wonderful modeling, not to mention materials and lighting, as well as color grading. You’ve really paid attention to the details, I love the slight layer of dirt on the tire treads.

Again, beautiful work!

Great Work! Guido keep doing it, creating :slight_smile:

Wow! Beatiful work!! Great model and great shaders, nice compositing in background! I have a question: is the tread (=battistrada!??) tire modeled or is ita texture?

So beautiful! This is one of my favorite cars, and you really did it well. :slight_smile: Great job!

Wonderful render images… :slight_smile:

Great job!

Just one little thing in the first image. I think the car shadow should be stronger near the boundary of the shadow shape. But probably it’s correct in this way due to the shape of the car…

thank you very much james, you’re too kind. thanks for all the compliments, no I do not have any account on CG Society or Evermotion. I still have many things to learn, is only a year that I use blender, I hope to improve more and more.
I know your videos and follow your youtube channel, I can’t wait to see how “Team TitanFallout Fortress - The Movie” will continue, all the models looks amazing especially the materials, did you use an hdri for lighting?

p.s. I will write in private to give you my steam contact because I love TF2, and I spend all my free time playing with it. :wink:

Thank you so much man!!

Great work! I really like your choice in color.

thanks a lot Shadow, you’re not the only one who loves that car :wink:

Love the forced perspective.

Nicely done! I dig the spokes.

Nice work.

It would be good to see a render with a bit less extreme camera angle.

The other beautiful thing about the e-type was its engine.

Thank you, it’s very flattering to find out you know about my work! Yes, I wanted the materials to look very good in that video, and lighting as well. I did use an HDRI as my light source, with a few area lights and a reflector used here and there to fill in the shadows. I’ll be uploading a walk-through of the lighting setups early next week here in the Finished Projects section.

And I’m sorry to say, I’ve never played a game on my computer- I don’t know if it would even be able to run it properly! I’ve just been downloading content from the workshops on Steam so that I can convert it and use it in Blender. Maybe sometime this year I’ll be able to upgrade and learn how to play on-line with you!

You think so? mmmm…maybe I’ll try to do the experiments!!
Thanks for the compliments! :slight_smile:

Hey Guido, great car and very good job! Love the glass material on the windscreen.
Agree with others about a render with less distortion and maybe a studio setup would be a nice addition to this set!

Regards.

Looks very cool!

Mesmerizingly beautiful. Nothing to critique. Really love the colours on the whole picture, pure perfection.

That’s how a pro does it! Love the car!

I’ve been waiting for you to finish it and I’ll send you some detail pictures of my E-Type so that you can correct a few small errors. There’s a chrome strip that separates the front fenders from the center section, two air scoops inside the nose, the front brake calipers are on the rear of the rotors, the rotors are not drilled, the interior of the headlamp socket is a dull silver colour, and most importantly, the huge big-assed grin on the driver! I love the renders and the model, great work! If you’re going to model under the bonnet (hood) I can send a pile of images as my engine is scattered all over my garage as I do a rebuild.