Actions not displaying properly till played

I have setup some actions, however when i select them the first frames are not as they should be. The positions of the bones are not right till I click the play button a few times, then they make their way back into the correct positions…

I suspect this has something to do with the way I have setup the spine on my model. Does anyone have a guide on fixing this problem as it exports to my game with this issue :frowning:

when i select the action, this is the messed up view, notice the spine positions… MY exports are coming out with this issue…

after i click play a few times i get this, the spine positions make their way to be correct…

hummmm… you may have to post a file so we can have a look see…

If you can’t post here please use…
http://www.pasteall.org/

cool thanks for that
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/33944

ive trimmed it down to just the armature. Youll see the problem is caused by the copy rotation constraint.
If you change to the dead action/animation from the tpose, youll see the problem.

My hack has been to add an extra 5 or 10 frames before the animation, but id like to know how to fix this problem…

Thanks!

hummm… yah… I’m sorry… I’m looking at the files and I can see your Actions and all… but I will have to admit that I’m not sure what the problem could be…
Being only really experienced with pose to pose animation and using actions in Rigging setups… and not having built any kind of rigging for the game engine… I can’t say I have run into this exact issue before…

In truth I’m a little confused by some of your poses… that is I’m not sure what the action pose is supposed to look like compared to what I’m seeing in the file…

I do see a few bones that seem to be flipped at odd angles …

If the issue is bone flippling … one way to combat this is to add an extra bone inbetween each bone … such that the bone with the flipping problem is now forced to use the ‘space’ of an unaffected parent in the bone hierarchy…

So say you have a head bone that keeps flipping at odd angles when ever the neck bone rotates into a certain position…
just add another bone between the neck and the head… call it neck_2… make neck_2 child of neck… Head child of neck_2…
neck_2 has no constraints on it (it just sits there) now the head is using neck_2’s space to execute it’s constraint from…

finally if the Head bone still gets into a pose that causes it to flipp… a simple rotation on one axis or the other of neck_2 will usally fix it…

anyway… hope that helps a bit…