Please help!

We are making a game - project (demo one) - the issue appear, when I made some changes on ones of the Linked object to the main scene. I opened the original file, I’ve made some changes, after that save it and then close it. Then I open the Main Scene(Save As1) again, try go make new SaveAs2, and The new SaveAs2 file WON’T open. Blender crashes on open without any warning messages. I’ve try check the Toggle System Console, but crash as a blink of an eye. I found blender.crash.txt in temp folder but was empty.

What I did:

1. Restart the comp

1_2. Try to run the file with different name

1_2. Try to run both Backup files. …

1. Remove all additional add-ons (load factory settings)

2. Try to run the last file from the prompt

3. Deleted all temp files - connected to blender

4. CC clean the registry for any issues

5. Restarted again - but still doesn’t work

6. Copy the main scene of the project I did contained all stuff in, to external drive and try to run from another computer powerful then mine: but same doesn’t work

7. Start reading articles and similar bugs(errors) around the net - I couldn’t found similar issue

8. Optimize and update driver of my Nvidia GTX 750 Ti - still no results

9. Install the previous version of 2.72b and try run the file there - without success

10. Uninstall blender at all and Installed again, no results

Then, I re-open the Main Scene(Save As1), which still working, I run the Toggle System Console, and this appear

Missing meshes, missing textures etc. Well Is there any option suggestion how to fix this BUG? And to continuing with our project using Blender???
Is there any way to fix this links, or to change them somehow…

Why I’m calling it Bug because I’ve done some experiments to simulate same mistake, for registering the problem, but is very difficult for find where exactly is the problem, someone should explain me a bit more about the LINKs and connections into the CODE, how they communicate to each other. For example I’ve did this test.

In this preview after I linked an object (the complex one), I opened from linked library short button, then click Linked data, then Make Single User then go back into the container file. Save and quit. (Please look at the preview above).

After that,
I opened another default scene after I linked the same object into it and try to push the short button of Linked Library, and this message appear:

We will appreciate any kind of suggestions and accurate technical support!
Thank you

Can you report the issue at the bug tracker on developer.blender.org including both the linked and the main file as attachments?

Ok, Thank you Psy-Fi, Also Big Thanks to Michalis for the cooperation also!
Thank you guys I appreciate it!!!

Just may be you will know,
Is there any possibility to change linked connection form .blend file without opening in blender. Bug somehow opening it in kind of Python application or another redactor for removing this links?

Because right now, there in no option to open the last [Save] we have, with all changes … .updates… etc,?

Ivaylo

HI again guys, currently I’ve try go append all objects and data from the corrupted file(last update) and it works, but works only if I Append piece of meshes which are into similar link relation. However I would like to ask someone if there is a way to change or remove a link paths from .blend file externally, without opening into blender. For example some kind of Python debugging application or program.

Cheers!

Hi ivaydesign, I found some info about parsing a .blend, it is a bit outdated but “admind” is still active developer.
He is sometimes at #blendercoders.

http://blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21153

http://www.atmind.nl/blender/mystery_ot_blend.html

I am not a dev and can´t help here.

CHeers, mib

Really thanks Mib!
I’ve already resolve the problem with simple appending objects from the corrupted file, after that cleaning the links and save it again in new .blend
I really appreciate your help! Thank you a lot!!!
Cheers, Ivaylo