Hair tail with ties

So I’m trying to animate hair on wind, hair is tied with 3 metal ties. There are 4 parts of hair with cloth sim and 3 ties. Hair and ties are parented with each other down to top (some with obj and some with vertex parenting). Problem is it looks crappy and sim has strange acceleration that swings my poor hair cruely.
Here is previewon what i have achieved (swf guys sorry)
I’m rly noob and I just tried to do it the way I know. I’m looking for a truly good desision for that kind of sim, mb with hair particles/soft bodies/armature etc etc.
genie hair2.blend (1.26 MB)

Well now I’m doing this with one long mesh of hair tail with metal parts done using another material for them. I still use cloth sim and force field. New problems are:

• metal parts bending
  • hair parts folding into flat flag-like something.
    I tried to weight paint on metal parts but that just pins them.
    I have no idea how to keep that tail look solid and do not fold flat.
    Any thoughts?

OK here is an update: I’m going to use Curve modifier which possibly will be easy to loop (periodical function yay) and will keep the volume as it is (tube-like, not flat). So far the big problem with that is that starting point of the tail is gonna follow the sine curve, but i want it to stay still. Gonna investigate this tomorrow, also if I fail I try armature which I avoid cuz I’m afraid of armatures.

Connect the three metal tubes and pin them at the top only (to keep them from sliding off the hair). Then make the new object cloth. Very stiff, so the metal doesn’t bend, and adjust the weight so it doesn’t act like a pendulum bob. And turn down the strength of the wind, it’s currently at 5000, so it kind of makes sense that hair would be flying all over in wind of that force.

I kinda successfully did it with armature, finally.
http://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2E19dMjhQZAvDy/giphy.gif
p.s. Blender wave modifier and 3ds max wave modifier work different way btw. Wave mod in blender worked well only with planes and not with prolonged cone-like hair tails. If you have an idea how to use wave modifier to achieve similar effect, i still want to learn such thing.