Futuristic Apartment

Hello everyone,

I started learning Blender about 3 months ago and got really hooked on flexibility and how awesome everything is…:yes: So, here is the first personal project I did using Blender in about 15 hours in my spare time.

Each image was rendered at 2500 samples and took on average about 6 hours.

Here are few images:

Check out my website for more images: www.poligonz.com

C&C welcome!!

Thanks!

_denis

Reminds me of something from Fallout.

*you should stick an alien image in that green mirror.

Wow, this is really cool! I love the lighting, and the textures are great. :slight_smile:

Thanks! 5th element and blade runner were main inspirations for this one.

_denis

I feel really bad for myself when I see you created it after 3 months of learning. Really great work.

Great job modeling, not sure I’m a fan of the color scheme though.

Don’t feel bad. :slight_smile: I’ve been doing 3d for a while in 3DS max and Maya. So, all I did was get familiar with how Blender works. I fully transitioned from Maya and Max to Blender and I don’t think im going back. :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks! Any suggestions on other color schemes. I’d love to do some test renders with different color schemes. :slight_smile:

Is the node setup for the flooring too complex? I’ve tried to get a similar material but it always fails. Also, is it a displacement map or modeled? I just really like the flooring, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

Not at all, it’s just diffuse and glossy mixed. glossy set to 0.6 or something like that. Floor was modeled pretty simple. subdivided a plane to density I liked and just inset and extruded little squares, put subdivision modifier and I was done. hope that helps :slight_smile:

The materials and lighting look really good, I think you nailed the futuristic look.

It seems like the apartment would either be inside of a spaceship or deep within a massive futuristic low-income apartment block (noting the spartan flourishes and lack of windows).

Nice job. I liked the 5th Element and this is a good approximation. I see from your website that you also modeled the environment for Star Trek Online? Did you use Blender for that too?

Re-reading your first post. I guess if you started with Blender a few months ago then the games you worked on wouldn’t have been modelled in it. Nevertheless, you’ve done some very nice work. Welcome to the Blender community.

@ace dragon: Thanks! yes, it’s meant to be inside a futuristic apartment block. I may make an exterior scene showing something like that.

@deltaray: Thanks! Star trek stuff was done in 3DS Max. Glad to be a part! :slight_smile:

Don't feel bad. :)  I've been doing 3d for a while in 3DS max and Maya. So, all I did was  get familiar with how Blender works. I fully transitioned from Maya and  Max to Blender and I don't think im going back. :)

Wow, thanks :o It’s good to see that people are switching from other professional and paid software and the Blender community is getting bigger and bigger :yes:

nice work, the first thing I thought when I saw it was “korben dallas…?” so I’d say you got the atmosphere down.

I can’t suggest anything off hand, however Andrew Price does have an informative video on using color schemes effectively which may help.

@JustWandering: Thanks for the video. :slight_smile:

Here are a few more renders:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/vemadesign/FuturisticApt_Final_6_zpscdb52f43.png

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/vemadesign/FuturisticApt_Final_4_zps42331772.png

Thanks!