Realistic head WIP.

Hey all!

It seems like people are making a lot of “Old man” portraits :stuck_out_tongue: So I thought I might give it a try! I have finished the sculpt in Dyntopo, then completed a long retopology today, with the help of IceKings tools. I think he wont be hyperreal, but I am aiming for a good portrait all-round.

Thanks for taking a look. :wink:

Attachments

definelly the old portraits are the moment hahahah, good luck on your project!

Nice work. I usually try sculpting young woman portraits, but they often end up looking more like old men. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys! :slight_smile:

Finished working on the Pore and wrinkle detail. I may be getting a wacom bamboo in a few days, I can work on much more wrinkles then!

Attachments

I’ve hand painted a map in Mudbox, and made a very quick test skin shader. Sorry for the grain, they are still test renders :wink: Nect, I will paint the other maps, Spec, SSS, Subdermal, Epidermal, Dermal etc.

Attachments

You could probably make the neck a bit thinner and shorter but it’s looking good so far. Keep it up!

Yeah, good point! But then again, it might just be the way that the camera is, but it could definitely use some work, thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

hmmmm, this is a nice portrait… but not of an old person… not even wrinkles would make him look old…
when you want to sculpt an old person, you need to consider that gravity plays an important role. the skin generally sacks, and this gives a different form on the surface, as wee as on the shilouette… for example, in all older people, the muscle group around the mouth sacks, showing thus two bulges on the jaw besides the chin, that are not there on young people because the skin is tight ( and your sculpt has tight skin too). also, the nose you sculped is of a young person, more a woman though, the ears are way too small for an old person… see? … so, my advice is, do not put wrinkles on him, it would make the sculpt bad… instead, look again at refernce fotos of young men, and observe how strong the bony ridge around the eyes is visible and how it is shaped. bring that in, and also study the shape of eyes more… this is, imho, what would make your sculp great… (mouth is wonderful, ears too, proportions are a little unusual, but still might be possible)