virtual assistant

What if someone made a ai chatbots that have virtual likenesses that look liked humans and moved liked humans.And made them only for specific locations on the earth.And they understood only what was in their area.And they also acted like they had personalities.Like if you called them stupid.They would say that i am not made to understand everthing.But there are some virtual assistants that can.Have you searched the web.

Some boffins have, and are doing similar things, I will let you check it up…

But nothing beats talking to a real human.

I would prefer their to be a demand for virtual assistant.So the field can mature.

There is ! you will have to watch this film called “Her” if you get the opportunity, I watched the first 30 minutes then gave up…

It’s a fiction movie but some are already close to it…

Heard of Alan Turing ? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

I have heard about alan turing.i believe next logical step is to develop computers that you can talk to as opposed to typing on a computer.

Okay yes, when it comes to speaking, well you have “Siri” by Apple, “Cortana” by Microsoft, who knows where this will take us, in ten years from now.

But all this is about a program accessing information that you can do by yourself…

I am sad to say that, that is as far as it will ever go !

It would be cool is to have a computer like J.A.R.V.I.S that Tony Stark had in the film “Iron Man”.
But then we would all be out of a job…

Why you think that it will never be possible to make a computer as smart as a human or smarter?What source have you gotten your information from?A compter could be composed of nanorobots.Meaning it would be collectively intelligent.I watched a show ounce proposing this.It’s name was the The Burning zone.I think humans would not be out of a job because humans could just go to another planet without advanced computers and colonise.They could make it illegal to have advanced ai system there after they get their.That could be done here on this planet in certain states and countries.

I get your point Lostscience, I can agree with what you say.
But why try to redesign a human ? , when it has taken nature an average 3.6 billion years to engineer it.
After what I mentioned is my personal opinion, so who knows, I could be very wrong.

So that we can make anything we want.So that we can have better servants.So that we can make better brains and minds for better servants.So that we can understand the universe better.So that we can understand consciousness.So that we can understand how emotion work.So that we can understand love.So that we can understand what makes people go insane and not intimately.So that we can fix what is wrong with ourselves.We would be able to fix the mind and also the brain.

Well, to be fair, those 3.6 billion years included quite some trial and error and one or the other evolutionary dead end…:wink:

However, if Gödel’s incompleteness theorems apply to the human mind as well, it is entirely possible that we need an artificial (or extraterrestrial, for that matter) intelligence to ever fully understand the human brain and - subsequently - the human mind. No axiomatic system can be proven consistent from within itself. Therefore you can’t successfully have object and subject of any scientific research being identical: The human mind examining the human mind will necessarily lead to wrong or incomplete conclusions.

I think he was wrong.I believe we will eventually understand it completely.By studying how neurons work individually and also in small groups.

Yes, totally ! you have that as well !..

I do agree that we would need some kind of very advanced alien life form or AI that would be able to explain to us (humans) what is a human being all about “physically and spiritually”.
But they would probably say something like “don’t ask questions that you don’t want to know the answer to” :slight_smile:

Yes I do agree that having advanced AI’s would be great to help people with mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia…
Having an AI to talk to and that would be able to understand you, would help many people to externalize their thoughts their, anxiety’s…
This in return would probably help to avoid the odd person seriously going off on one, and doing something terrible to the people in his or her surroundings.

Thankyou i am glad you understand it would be useful.

Expert systems or knowledge bases have their place, and putting a human looking front end on them might help actual human beings interact with them. God knows how refreshing it is when a ‘customer service’ rep working off a script drops the script and talks to you as a human being for a few seconds.

But this isn’t a “what if” scenario… people are actually making these things and trying them out in various places. I recall a hotel chain, I think it was, putting a virtual assistant on their reservation web site to walk people through making reservations. Not sure how well it worked out, though.