Monitor broke?

Hi!

I´ve been having a little “problem” with my monitor for a while now. It hasn´t been bothering me too much so far, but since it keeps getting worse, I was wondering if there´s something I could do about this.
Here´s some screenshots: (I´m quite sure you´ll intstantly know what the problem is)

For those, who don´t know what I´m talking about…I mean these blurred, let´s call it gradients next to the icons. It also occurs on the side of windows and can be seen best next to exceptionally bright or black spots on the monitor.
By the way, my monitor is a HP w2207h.

Thanks for answers in advance!

Cheers!

How is the monitor connected to the PC:
HDMI = digital? Or D-Sub = analogue?

You do realize that problems with your monitor won’t be visible in screenshots?

Sorry! I took the screenshots and the problem was visible there of course. I didn´t realize it wouldn´t show on the shots. My bad!

But the problem is described below the screenshots. I know it´s a short description but it pretty much says it all. Maybe thats a little better:
There are blurs on the monitor (especially where icons are displayed and where the displayed color is very bright or very dark), that look like you´d have wiped over the icons and smeared the color (the color fades out from the left to the right).

The monitor is by the way connected to the graphics card via the D-Sub port, as far as I can tell.

Then you will most likely see “ghosting”, caused by signal degradation or interference from other electrical devices. Try using the HDMI input instead (if your graphics card has a matching output, of course).

If that’s not possible with your card, try…

• …using a higher quality VGA cable (as short as possible) and/or
  • …removing other cables (USB, etc.) or devices (phone, etc.) from the close proximity of the VGA cable.

Analogue monitor connections - that’s so 1990’s! :smiley:

I thought I was going blind.

@IkariShinji: I think you´re right. I have got a lot of cables in close proximity of the monitor cable. As well the effect does not occur, when I don´t have my mobile phone connected to the PC, which I do most of the time to recharge it. I feel a little dumb, since I didn´t realize this by myself.
Anyways, I´ll get a HDMI cable to get this fixed.

Thanks for the help! …of course to everybody else who was trying to help as well.

Cheers!

If you only plug it in to charge it, get a wall adapter; they charge faster. Also, if that’s all that’s causing the blurring problem… well, I’m sure you can guess what I was going to say. :slight_smile: