Dr Caligari

I would like to share with you this little animation :

Do not be too harsh , I 'm still learning!

So I watched it in its entirety and two things have confused me while I was watching this. One is the lighting. The sky was dark but the sun was still up. I couldn’t tell if the entire short was at mid day, dusk, or even at night. The second thing is also very obvious. The audio was in French, yet you posted it on a site that majority speaks English. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think that if you had the subtitles in English, the viewer would have a better understanding of the story. All I was able to get was that there was carnival that showcased a mime in front of a crowd. The modeling was very interesting, but the animation was slow. That’s my two cents on it.

Thank you for your comment. For lighting, this is due to my incompetence. I wish I had a twilight atmosphere … without success. I never thought the light was so hard to make … Or there is something I do not understand …

For subtitles, it is because the video was made in the context of a French amateur video contest. If I have some time this weekend, I’ll put subtitles in English.

Well, I’ll do better next time!

Well the lighting is a very difficult part when setting up the scene. I think that is something that you will have to search for. I, myself, have not masted lighting.