Movie Clip Editor help

Hi,
I am in need of some help.
About 5 to 7 days ago I installed Fedora 21, I love it. After I did so I installed all my favorite software(Blender, Gimp, etc.). To install Blender I went to the terminal and did the normal, sudo yum install blender. It installed 2.72b. I am now trying to do a basic camera track for a 5 second shot of a film I’m doing VFX for. When I go to open up the clip in the Movie Clip Editor the clip won’t show. (See image below)

I installed Blenderplayer from the terminal and... nothing. How do I fix this? I need to finish the VFX on this film. I would love any help you can give.

Thanks,
Micah

Please help!!!

Try loading the movie clip as a movie clip in the VSE to check that Blender can read the file type? Also make sure that you aren’t parked on a frame that doesn’t exist, like zero.

Yup. It’s not reading mp4. It says “file ‘FILENAME’ could not be loaded”. How do I fix this? I installed the codecs via Fedy and I’m able to play the video via VLC.

It may be a modern variation that Blender does not recognise. I am afraid that the only work around is to convert to another codec that Blender is ok with.

It didn’t work with any codecs. I got the .tar.bz2 of 2.73 off of Blender.org and it works. It must be a missing dependency from Fedora’s blender repository or something. So I’m able to just run Blender from that 2.73 .tar.bz2 fine. I’ll just have to live with not having it installed. Thanks for the help David. I appreciate it.