Sharing models freely

Hi folks,

So recently I’ve been doing a lot of research on a specific topic that I’ve been wondering about. A few days ago, I thought of sharing my car manufacturer logos I made for myself over the past 1 or 2 years, with the community, through downloading the actual models via my sketchfab profile.

This might be a silly question but, am I allowed to distribute these 3D models freely with the community? My logic tells me that I should be allowed to do so, if one takes into consideration that many websites around the web provides free models of many brand products such as cars, weapons, furniture etc, to the general public.

Is this legal, can I do this without being sued for anything from the actual car manufacturers themselves?

To those that are interested, here is a preview image of some of the Car Manufacturer logos I built for the cars that I designed over the years for myself, that are in my portfolio.

I believe you can share your models (not prohibited, also companies provide their symbols / graphics for free, usually for press & other media purpose… you can also get many here: http://www.trademarks-logos.com), just don’t commercialize or misuse them. If they are good they could end up as a promotion for companies & your skill. No bad intentions there (no false advertising). All in good spirit.

The car manufacturers have to protect their IP. If they ask you to remove them just do so but you’re most likely flying way under their radar

Hi Burnin,

Thanks for the info, I just generally like to avoid trouble if it is possible, and rather make sure I’m allowed to and avoid possible issues and other problems if I didn’t intend it in the first place. Much appreciated for the info. If you are curios about the models, you can find them here:

Just scroll down a bit.

Have you done a Jaguar logo? I have a vintage one and would love to have a model of the leaping Jaguar.

Hi Bobb,

I am in the process of modeling as many of the Manufacturer logos as I can, and definitely the Jaguar logo is one of the ones I’m busy working on at the moment. If enough interest is sparked, I’ll release all of the models freely.