Cycles Shader Help

Hey there, guys.
In one of my recent renders, I made use of the Velvet shader in Cycles to create a glow effect on the character.
This was the render if you’re wondering:

Anyway, I’m having a bit of trouble with that effect. When there’s light it provides a nice effect that happens to be exactly what I’m looking for. When there’s less light in the scene, however, the glow also gets darker.
Is there any way that I could prevent this from happening, preferably by making the glow actually GLOW(But not the character’s normal textures)? Thanks.

Velvet is fairly useless as a material. Sounds like you want to mix an emission node with your diffuse using a Layer Weight > Facing node as the mix factor.

Actually, velvet can be useful in cases, but it’s mainly for softer cloth materials which might even be made out of ‘velvet’ (in cases where it’s not that practical to generate geometry-based fuzz).

For skin and ramp shading though, I agree. If you also don’t want to use an emission node, you can just straight-up add energy by plugging the skin material into both outputs of the add shader node (with the lower output strung through a mix shader node with no second input according to the face normal).