Reinstalling Blender on Linux..

Hey folks…

I use Blender on Linux (Kubuntu) and upgrading to the latest version is always an adventure to me… :slight_smile: So this time i was upgrading from 2.71 to 2.73 and it’s a very nice release, of course!

But this time I was a bit confused to setup my Blender Preferences… When I opened the preferences window and I set the input preset to Maya (well, yes - I’m a Maya guy and I very like the Maya-Navigation!) I could not navigate as expected! So, checking the option “Emulate 3 button mouse” let me rotate the view with ALT+LMB but I was not able to zoom (ALT+RMB) or panning the view (ALT+MBB) … I knew this worked before the other releases and I was a bit irritated!

After a few tries to close and open blender and the settings again and again (while saving the preferences) I figured out that there is an option in the splash-screen to setup the prefered navigation-mode… I tried this option and YEAH!! this worked! The interesting part was that I had to save the preferences by hand after choosing this option in the splash screen… It doesn’t work without that…

Well, that is my experience today with a new blender version on linux… I’m very glad to find a way that work for me and maybe some other guy on this planet has a benefit on this post… :slight_smile:

So, a very last entry here… If you want to know more about me, please have a look at my WORK-IN-PROGRESS homepage… It’s in a very WIP stage for the moment… I have to fill it up with content… But It will grow in the very next weeks… There is a drop me a line link on the landing page, so feel free to write me your comments… Would like to hear from you… http://www.2berg.de/jt/index.html

ciao, joerg.