Blender Guyz Competition: Courage

Howdy all!
Blender Guyz is proud to announce their first ever blender competition - sponsored by CG Cookie!

Thanks to Marcin Sadomski for sample image. Visit sadomski.com

Theme:
The theme for this competition is “Courage.”
So give us your best portrayal - cartoon, photo realistic or stylized.

Prizes:

• Winner- Wacom Intuos - Graphics tablet.

• Runner Up - CG Cookie 1 month subscription.

To Enter:
Simply post your entry below in this thread.

How to win:

Focus on composition, storytelling, aesthetic value, personality, and relevance to the theme.

Deadline:
Contest runs from January 15th through March 20th, 11:59pm 2015 (Pacific Standard Time)

Please visit: blenderguyz.com/courage-competition for the all the rules and information.

Contact: [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions.

hello! Can you tell which specific model of wacom are you offering? I’m working on a image can match this competition :slight_smile:

Howdy! It is the small Wacom Intuos tablet (CTH-480). Looking forward to seeing your entry!

This looks really cool! I’m excited!

Glad to have you on board! We’re excited too! Hoping to get some fantastic renders!

do we just post 'em in this thread? if so, watch this space lol :slight_smile:

EDIT: Here’s mine.

sorry it isn’t quite relevant to the theme, but I guess the “courage” thing is in the dragon taking on the mighty thunder-god lol.

Good luck to everyone else! may the best artist win. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope to see good things from this competition! And certainly a good way to get your name out there with some good sponsors and prizes :slight_smile:

Yes, just post them in this thread and at the end competition we will post the winner and the finalists on Blenderguyz.com.

Good luck on your entry:eyebrowlift:
Garrison

Interesting challenge!!

peace on you people ; that seem great

@ dewy,
I would enter in your too by all means, but unfortunately I have only so much time on my hands :frowning: maybe next time.

Gonna post my entry as soon as it is done rendering… (I am trying a new image quality)

@ JLHoppman: Hi man, it’s good to see you’re entering as well! I’m looking forward to seeing some fantastic entries for this.

Thanks Guss! =D
Here is my entry. After 33+ hours of rendering. I believe this picture is the heart and soul of courage. Hope you enjoy! (Original render @4K quality)
LMK what you think. =)

Whoa, Until 15 february! Psyched!

Howdy All!
I extended the deadline to March 20th to give everyone plenty of time to enter!
May the best render win!

the deadline was extended? Great!! Now I have enough time to finishmy entry!!

Yeah!! Competition are always good because they help artists to be better and we can learn a lot from them… You really had a good idea :slight_smile:

Hello folks!
So this is a retake on a project that I let half-way through about 1 - 2 months ago, I added some details, some shaders and changed completely the composition:

Thanks, this is my entry, good luck to everybody.

Attachments

I’ve just seen it but i’m exited to take part :evilgrin: