Unreachable Peace

Hey folks,
This is my latest artwork called “Unreachable Peace” - the place everyone is striving to get, a calmed and silent free of worries and doubt. The question is if such a place isn’t just a myth.
Hope you enjoy it!

Check my portfolio or social pages for higher res. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

The scale could use a little work, the top looks no higher than 6 feet above the lake considering the size of the water ripples. The scale also makes it look like someone can just pull it down and take the gate with him.

Needs a little work, but a nice start overall.

Nice work ! Peacefull indeed !
I felt the same than Ace Dragon about the scale. It is not only the ripples that gave the feeling, but also the rocks. They really seems like little pebbles because they are so rounded and smooth.

@AceDragon: I think the scale is on purpose. It is more of a symbolism than an actual concrete fact. As such, it is really a spectacular render!

Cheers for the constructive critiques! I am never too sure how to appreciate the scale regarding the water ripples because in image references those wave differ quite a lot no matter the size. I was using metric scale in blender but the resulted effect of the textures and shapes might be confusing. I was actually aiming for 20 feet tall (~6-10 m) considering the gate to be approximately double the size of a human.
I appreciate your thought though, thanks!

First thing I thought before I read the other comments was something is off on the scale, however I don’t think it is the size of the waves that is throwing it off, (could be wrong, probably am) but I believe the rock textures are making the stones look small. The textures look just like they would on a small rock, just scaled up.

Nice image and idea.

Exactly, which is fine if it is supposed to be miniature. I almost prefer it as such personally . . .

The stones and water are totally photo realistic to me .

Ah, indeed. Well described. I had the same kind of sensation but the thing with the stones was half intentional - I wanted something like the small river rocks but bigger, which is what I got.