Simple Balls

Did this in like an hour, nothing fancy but, I like how it looks.

This does look nice for some reason. Simplicity sometimes results in beauty :slight_smile:

Agreed! Thanks :slight_smile:

The simplicity of the ‘outside’ scene makes it easy to focus on the reflections. It would be pretty interesting to do one where the different spheres read as a storyboard. The reflected images could have slightly different scenes in them, perhaps someone tripping down those stairs!

The only issue I can see is the spheres aren’t perfectly round, you can see the facets around the edges.

Ha, that would be cool!

You have a really good eye, I didn’t noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. The spheres are just the default 32x32 or whatever it is with a subsurf modifier on them, I don’t remember if I set the modifier to 1 or 2.

Simple but beautiful. Great work!

Thanks a ton!

I edited this an made the image a bit taller, makes a nice desktop background, feel free to use it!

1366x768

Great job! Love the simplicity. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Wow. I can make it in a minute, and yet this is beautiful. You know how I see artworks with a lot of details which can take tons of time to make, and than the ones that really catch me is the one like yours.

You have some balls there, buddy. A good example of great composition - that is what makes us like the image so much. (Rule of Thirds) :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I check this basically every morning and your support and great comments is what keeps me going! Thanks a ton! I’ll see if I can use these to play with some different types of composition.

2 more fun renders.