The Whale Story II

Hello guys,

Continuing the “Whale Story” project, and I came up with a new environment “Whale Story II”. This time, our small Whale is dreaming,… . dreaming to become real, to be free… The interior plan and architecture is mine concept also.

Info and technical details:

This time my goal was to render this closed interior mesh environment in good quality less than 3 hours per image (size of 3K), well I had some difficulties to achieve this goal in 100% satisfaction. I had some noise issue in my Long Shot (Full Shot camera), I’ve tried several ways to fix and re-render the environment using - Path & Branched path tracing, with full and low GI settings, also with different lights and sampling methods but was not very successful. And because this is free time personal project - experimental one, I haven’t much time for going further at this point. Anyway at the end after some post pro, I came up with this pieces :slight_smile:

Everything is done by me, except the Bonsai Flower and the pool chaise lounges models, they are from Evermotion.
Most materials are procedural, done by me again.

Machine details: Intel Core 2, Q6600, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GTX750Ti 2GB (half capacity usage - because of my motherboard type PCi express).

Feel free to comment, ask and share!

Cheers,
Ivaylo :wink:

The level of detail is awesome !
I really really love the “touch” of the rendering.
Awesome work !

Thank you!

I love it! :slight_smile: The first image is my favorite. Great job!

I appreciate it! :slight_smile: Thanks

Such a great big faucet? The whale is trancendent. Get whale’ed, Youv’e got a buisness here. No need to come up just ask.

Very very nice, I really like the plants and the wood sink is very well done. I’m curious how you got the image so clean (I.e. How many samples did you use and did you use indirect clamp). Also is the wood on the sink procedural if it’s not a problem could you post a picture of the node set up as I’m trying to get better at creating procedual textures and that one is really well done.

At the least, the atmosphere is perfect, and the way you stretched the subject into three different images is very well done.

It looks like all three of these could be part of a single museum piece, or perhaps become the core of a brochure, it really does have a quasi-mysterious appeal to it that I can’t quite put my finger on.

Ivaydesign, very nice work, I like a lot the second image: skylight halo, the detail on wall, the design of tap, and the shaders are pretty good!

Thank you guys for your comments and appreciation! :rolleyes:

*kless: If you remember last time we discussed a bit about cycles on your post :slight_smile: Well I can’t remember well the settings type for each renders. I’ve tried a lot, tweaking up and down, more and less Path and B.Path trace… I think there is no fundamental formula for that, just you have to spend more time on that. This is previews of last setting I’ve try. Also both material wood and cooper sink one.

This is just amazing! Why haven’t I seen this before? Just lovely. And fantastic storytelling too.

Can I feature this on my page as one of the FRIDAY FEATURE posts? I’m sure they’d love to see this!

• Reyn

Sure! Thanks a lot :slight_smile: