Blender Fracture Wood Gate

The project is ready, but I’m still rendering. So I made this render of viewport for you guys see, what do you think ?

Cool Tiago! But as i can see you are in trouble with smoke-sims :smiley: … thats my problem, too.
We are working on a good work-around for this.
But it will not be possible without converting to keyframed objects.

Why did you start a new thread?
Would be good to have all fracture-examples in the main-thread :wink: so we have a central-point for interested people.

Keep up the good work- i like you experiments!

Not bad, but wood shatters at the place of impact, thus the “explosion” should move out from center of gate. Hence the boards would break in half and apart rather than just apart.

Nice test Tiago.

You should make it so that the smoke emits where the car touches the shards.

I like it, but you should have the car keep going, I think it would tell a bit more of a story if it’s rushing to some sort of legal building.

Also, the timing and camera motion could be a little more interesting. How about leaving it on the fence longer, then you start to see the car coming threw, and then you start following it more. If you want I can try to make a low poly example of what I mean (no fracture).

Great video though! Seems like the beginning of some sort of movie where after the car arrives, and the person in it assassinates someone or something similar.

@TARDIS Maker, I will appreciate if you make the example with low poly.

I hope this helps.

I would just have the fence settle more though. I just didn’t want to bother taking the time to make it react like yours.