Turn off Mipmapping in 2.73 (viewport + standalone)

I’ve disabled mipmapping in my user preferences, but it doesn’t work like it did in 2.6. Nothing seems to have changed, the textures are still blurry. I’m talking about the viewport here, but it’s also blurry in the standalone player, and I’m not sure how to fix that either.

Why doesn’t it work anymore? Thanks :slight_smile:

In Properties Panel -> Textures -> Image Sampling, try to uncheck “MIP Map”.

That doesn’t seem to be there in the game engine.

Ooh, my bad. IIRC toggling mipmapping was a feature request before, but I know VideoTextures has an option for mipmapping so that might be a workaround if you use ImageFFmpeg.

You can disable mipmapping using this script:

from bge import render
render.setMipmapping(0)

bge.render.setMipmapping(value)

^ That should work, though it’s be better to use the constant for it (RAS_MIPMAP_NONE from whatever module it’s available; don’t remember at the moment).

@Sparkly - If the textures are still blurry after disabling mipmaps, it might be that they themselves are blurry. Are you sure your textures are crisp?

Tried that and it does nothing.

@SolarLune:
I never had mipmapping issues in 2.6, but now since updating to 2.7 these problems have been occurring, so I know my textures aren’t the problem. I actually used your tutorial for this, and the RAS_MIPMAP_NONE value isn’t in the render module.

Completely missed that one. :o

I suggest filing a bug report; hopefully it’s a simple fix…

Since it does seem to be an actual bug, I think I’m just going to revert back to 2.6. I will file a bug report though :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!