Make a Bird Contest *Entries Now Closed*

Hello and i am dewy60, and today i’m going to host a contest.

Remember Piero? The Citizen Membership Tutorial on CG Cookie?

Well I got you something for you. Your Goal is to Make your own Bird Character (Realistic, Cartoony, Angry Birds-Like, or Rio-Like) , and Make your Bird Rigged and Animation-Ready.

In Order to Enter the Contest you Must follow the Rules:

1. You can make your bird ether Realistic, Cartoony, Angry Birds-Like, or Rio-Like.
  2. Upload your Model and/or Rig to Blend to Blend Swap (or PasteAll if you Want. But you must have a link for your entry.).
  3. If it’s Fan-Art, it’s okay to enter.
  4. No Stolen Models Allowed.
    and 5. It Must Be Fair and Sqaire.

That’s the Rules. Now if you don’t know how to model or/and rig a bird, you can aways learn the tutorial at CG Cookie.com (Note: You must be a Citzen Member to access the tutorial, you can also pay for the access of the tutorial for a small price.) http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/piero/

That’s it! If you want to enter the contest, you must enter before January 25th. if no entries, it will be extended to February 15th. (Update 1: Due to no entries, the deadline is changed from Febuary 15th to March 20th so they can get the chance to enter the contest.)

(Update 2: Due to a few entries the deadline is changed from march 20th to April 31 so they can get the chance to enter the contest, also if you want to have rubber ducky entries, then it’s ok.)

(Update 3: The Entries Stage is Now Closed, the Contest is now moving to the Voting Stage. So stick around for the voting stage soon. :eyebrowlift:)

Also note that this is a just for fun contest, so no prizes in this one.

So good luck and happy blending!:D:D:D

You can aways reply if you want.

You can aways show your Animation Tests or Rig Demos if you want

hello? is everybody listening?

No Entries at all?

I am going to assume you need a bird for something, first… and second, is there a prize?

It’s a just for fun contest.

No entries yet, so I dicided to change the deadline from Febuary 15th to March 20th so they can get the chance to enter the contest.

Hi dewy60 ! Okay ! I will try my best to make a bird :slight_smile: ; Challenge accepted ! so this basically leaves me less than a month to do this…

Although we could need a few more contestants ?!

It is a just for fun contest, so no prizes in this one.

Yes, i will need more people to enter my contest.
Oh, and I want to say to you, Good luck for making a bird, solarforge and don’t forget to make it rigged too!
Also Question: Did you read the rules?

Thanks :slight_smile: ; Yes, I have read the rules for the contest, I already have a few blends on the blendswap.com website …

i think i might take part in this one for fun already have an idea:evilgrin::p:cool:

Yeah lol. Are you entering the contest?

Oh, just finished riging… Probably, they need some kinf of wings.

Daaaaawww, they look cute!

The Blenswap requires a “finished, production-ready” mode, and I’m a pure beginner. May someone check the model? I’ve put it on pasteall: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/34725

It’s a reference image:

Your rubber duck is the first that I have seen so far ! great ! but add for example a bath with it, and even a few bubbles, it is those little details that count a lot…
Nice rubber ducky by the way :wink:

I have a composition with them in “finished works” section. Thank you for warm words.

By the way, I hope, everyone would accept this entry with enough irony :slight_smile:

If you mind, i updated the rules, You can now Upload your Model and/or Rig to Blend to PasteAll if you Want.
But you must have a link for your entry.