Do You Carve Topology In Your Food?!

OMGosh! I was eating an apple the other day, and I’d slice it piece by piece, when suddenly, I noticed some tris and ngons. :o So I began the retopology process… Until I realized, it was an APPLE! XD A REAL APPLE! Although, I did get it to a lowpoly, all quads apple, before quitting :yes:

LOL!!! Please, just comment on this, and confirm I’m not the only one who does this. :confused:

well… i dont retopologize my food, but nice job anyway :slight_smile:
however i do like carving faces into apples.

I see bump/spec/nor maps in everyday items:
‘Hmm, that surface is unrealistic. Someone went a little overboard on the specularity. Hang on, this is real. Oh, it’s slightly wet’

I also code:
“You could write a class to represent food, then subclass it to include that apple, that pair and bannana. Hang on, where does ‘fruit’ fit in. Maybe that should be a class between them.”
“That bird is doing a pretty good job of pathfinding. I wonder what algorithm it’s using?”

“This water looks unrealistic…Wait… wat.”

I keep looking at skin and saying "Great skin shader how did you do the SSS? " xD and sometimes when I’m working with clay, I sculpt one part of a face really details, and look at the mesh and go “Gah, why did I forget to turn symmetry on” lol

LOLOLOLOL! Some of you are worse than me!!! And I too carve faces in apples :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and the spec/norm/bump thing… Me too :stuck_out_tongue:

And for water… HECK YEAH!!! I see the Caribbean, and say… WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT FOR?! Water is dark and UNSATURATED XD

And the Skin Shader XD LOL! I see stuff and think about the lack of detail, or the over detail done on it. Like the ear… I keep saying to myself… “WOW! I bet the topology is crap though…” Then I realize… IT’S REAL! XD

Thoughts do pass through my mind about how the topology would look like for an object or what shape keys are used to make someone’s expression. People wonder why I zone out when they talk to me.

LOL! XD Haha! Me too! :smiley:

+1 for the water shader stories

Not sure if this has to do with blender, but I do always sculpt with my mashed potatoes…

LOL, I do that too XD

your NOT the first
just count your fingers when you wake :wink: NOT the polys on that perfectly wrinkled duvet rofl

xkcd agrees :slight_smile:

LOL! XD Soooooooo me! I saw this promo videos once for a car, and during the first 30 seconds, I insisted it was CG… Then I saw the human :eek: not cg… :stuck_out_tongue:

@Dag

real life isn’t realistic
it’s
3d

LOL! IKR?! Unfortunately (or fortunately, idk), since posting this a year ago, I’ve gotten much worse… I can’t look at anything without deciding what nodes were used, and is the image texture is tiled x_x LOL! I even go to restaurants, and look at the ceramic flooring (imitation wood) and point out two or three tiles that are the exact same where they’ve been tiled xD