Challenge #603 (9/1/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #603 for Friday 9th of January 2015 is: out of this world

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 12th of January 2015.

out of this world, does it mean a world in the futire? or other any other time? or does it mean like a different kind of realm? i started on a project witch i thought was a nice idea, but the more i work on it the more it starts to look like a town form the future. is that also viable?

you may interpret the theme as you choose.

ye but is the future related?

if you choose to approach it that way, then yes. it’s all up to your interpretation of the theme. the only catch is, that if people think your render does not fit the theme, they may be less likely to vote for you.

Haven’t been Blending in a while, nice to get back into it.

I’m happy with how shiny and friendly this came out, it has me inspired to attempt a small animation in this style.

I’m in! Pure entry.

guess i should mention, pure, background is an image from hubble, 1000 cycles.

here’s my try at it.

Here is my attempt, pure cycles with a small bit of post in paint.net.

BTW great entries so far.

Attachments

my non competing entry, i wasn’t sure which i would choose, this one is slightly unfinished (takes way too long to render for me to fix it though.

I’m not sure if is ok as i interpreted the theme:
“1 million samples”

Cycles, 1000000 samples.

…how long did that take to render, Mik?

Not too much…around 15 minutes on a gtx660.

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Dead-End-506367949

Rendered in Cycles, some post-processing was done in Gimp. The chandelier is from an earlier project. The floor texture is from the Architecture Academy by Andrew Price.

evivivi noo :frowning: i think you just cut my chance of winning in half :confused:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Beyond the World You Know

RobertT

why noncompeting? is it because you want to give space for less skilled blender’ers?

Out Of This world, and into the Next one!

screw it i dont stand a chance of winning :confused: was going to work on the buildings but dont know if it will be worth it :slight_smile:
Everything is within blender, nothing is imported. 100% PURE! :slight_smile:

the point is not just to win, but to have fun and improve your speed and technique, and maybe to win.

Alien