Want a tablet controller that costs more than the device itself? It now exists.

The new generation of tablet controllers is here, for 300 USD you can get a transformable model that can attach to any tablet up to 7 inches in screen size and is probably cheaper than what you just got for it.

It’s not going to be useful for me at all since my tablet is 10 inches (bigger screens just make it easier to play games on), but if you have nothing better to spend some disposable income on…

MAD CATZ is charging for the name, but they do makes nice mausers.

In my opinion, a lot of ‘gaming’ hardware tend to have over-the-top builds and numerous reviews seem to indicate that they aim to draw that crowd by focusing a lot on form rather than function or reliability.

You’re not really going to be that much more productive if your keyboard, mouse, and PC has flashing lights, wacky angles, transforming parts, and a button count that matches an airline cockpit. As such, I tend to avoid such builds if possible when looking for a hardware upgrade.

I have to disagree there. Think about this: companies like Razer, Mad Catz, even Logitech are more concerned about customer satisfaction because their customer base is very vocal (ridiculously so). If word is out they make a poor quality product then they’ll be in hot water.

Ignoring the flashy colours and marketing they do make good stuff and they will probably last longer than your standard kit. If you can get them discounted give them a chance!