Final Video rendeing with Blender Problem

I have rendered my animation out in PNG images.
Then in a new file, I imported all png images into the blender’s video editor. But when I render it to a final mp4 or video file, all whites are turned into light grey.
I have complete white image in some frames and those are showing grey in the final rendered video.

The png images rendered has full white but the video rendered makes it grey.

Please help. I have checked the color management but nothing changed.
What settings you use ?

Regards
Karan

I have rendered my animation out in PNG images.
Then in a new file, I imported all png images into the blender’s video editor. But when I render it to a final mp4 or video file, all whites are turned into light grey.

I have complete white image in some frames and those are showing grey in the final rendered video.

The png images rendered has full white but the video rendered makes it grey.

Please help. I have checked the color management but nothing changed.
What settings you use ?

Regards
Karan

anyone please

Video codecs often use a contracted color space making white appear grey and black seem milky. But they play fine on a tv set.

Which encoding settings are you using in Blender and how are you viewing the resulting files?

It should look just the same with no changes. Do you use default settings? Try that at start up. something must be adjusted. I think so maybe.

This sounds suspiciously like one of two possible scenarios:

• Bad / botched encoding.
  • Bad / botched decoding / playback.

Encoding to YCbCr for motion picture codecs will involve a scaling of your image’s values into a smaller range. When the codec is decoded, the range should be scaled back to the display referred values.

It sounds like possibly your encode has failed, or more typically, your player / decoder is mangling up the decode. There are many variables that play a role from flags in the encoded file to GPU acceleration that can result in mangled results.

It would require more information to fully diagnose your issue. How did you encode the PNG series? What are you testing with? Etc.

With respect,
TJS

Thank you for writing. Here are some screenshots attached -
Even if I create png from photoshop I am having same problem. I am using vlc player and quicktime, both are showing dull / grey results.

Duplicate threads merged

I would start by trying an alternate codec other than XVid. See if the flags are read correctly in your players. If they aren’t, it could be one of any number of things as I said above. QuickTime is a notorious mangler of codecs as well, so probably not the most ideal player to test on. So perhaps try H264 in an MOV wrapper and test, and if your results are different, then you can isolate it to a codec issue. Testing across a few players of different codebases (MPlayer and VLC for example) would also help to eliminate the player factor.