just need a 3d model and 512 texture sheet.

I am doing a game engine tutorial series with a game engine and I am using this for one of the game guns.

i have the author’s permission.

Can someone model it and then texture it.

Would anyone be willing to do this.
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/54Newstar

does it have to be low poly? if its for a game. do you want moving parts like the trigger? polly count?

well, since it’s for a game engine, I assume it needs full animation and low poly.

The only thing that needs to move is a ammo clip and the top part to slide when fired.

handgun polycount should be around 5k tris. I don’t mind if you go a bit higher. (normally I just say use as many as you need to get the job done. While I want detail, keep it on the lower side of the poly count. I have a few programs that optimize models that i can use )

thanks

Hi guys another update I got the author’s permission to use this gun in the tutorial series

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354361[/ATTACH]
link: http://jimsvanberg.deviantart.com/art/Assault-rifle-55939375

10-15k tri count for this one. I need a removable ammo clip and the cocking grip to move and there is a fold-able shoulder stock.

512 or a 1024 texture for this one.

you can use just one layer of texture and paint on the glowing bits or have a separate glow map its up to you.

sad to hear crickets chirping.

you still need the gun? im modelling with quads by the way. dont like trists.

yes, thanks!

do you want me to keep the front top of the gun flat? the spikes will cost a lot of polys.

Hi, nice morning project. :slight_smile:

It came in at 3918 triangles. I haven’t textured it, but anyone is free to do so… I’m not so good with textures and didn’t want to get into it right now. I didn’t model the details that looked like they should be done with the texture (and one part I didn’t see what I should do with), I hope there are enough.

edit: hopefully I didn’t get the form too wrong, there’s some stuff that looks like it should be different now that I haven’t been staring at it for a little while.

Attachments

gun.blend (591 KB)

thanks, it looks awesome!

edit: its perfect, wow, your good.