Blender 2.73 Release

Hey, Blender 2.73 Release is published!

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.73

Cheers, mib

Waiting for 2.73b, thank you.

Sweet, the Mac OS X mirrors for the US and DE aren’t working, but the NL ones are :3

Sorry, useless. :slight_smile:

Cheers, mib

Windows links on the US servers are also not working.

Windows link worked here in the Philippines.

No reactor particles still?

Very nice release, but I noticed a viewport FPS drop in same scenes in comparison with 2.72b version.

Do you have VBOs turned on?

Yes VBOs are turned on.

Loop tools don’t work. Worked correctly in previous release candidate. I’m the only one or is a bug?

I tried bridge, circle and loft and they work for me. But it was a contrived situation just to see if they would, so it may not be an indicator of anything except that they work under ideal conditions.

I tried with VBOs on and off; no difference.

Great, Thank you guys !

Can someone explain the difference of VBOs on or off? Some of us make art with this

thing, and don’t tear the program apart.

EDIT: I filed a bug report, and someone told me to turn VBO off, which I have always done, so what does this mean?

@VickyM72 basically VBO loads your vertex data into your VRAM instead of your system memory which speeds up the viewport immensely if your graphics card supports it.

EDIT: Wikipedia article (VBO)

Holy crap. Did anyone notice how fast 2.73 does motion tracking? Apparently this predictive tracking really makes a huge difference. Go Sergey and Keir!

For anyone who didn’t try himself:

It’s really super impressive. And not just faster, but more accurate and stable as well.
:slight_smile:

@bls - please report a bug along with a testfile (re: OpenGL speed regression).

I saw your video. I had already noticed that stuff tracked much faster, but I didn’t know why. I then saw the 2.73 release log, google the term predictive tracking and found your video. That solved the mystery! Thanks for the video btw.

Offtopic: I also watched your “Overtutorialized” video. That was super funny! I always wonder how it is to record training videos and to hear your own voice the whole time during editing. I guess now I know how it makes you feel Grin.