New to Blender...

I’ve been using Blender for about 3 days and I’m learning it kind of quickly, but there are some things (a lot of things) that are very confusing to me. I really want to make an open-world game and when I edit a plane, I have no idea how big the plane would be in game. I also have no idea how to test out the map when I’m done sculpting it… Can someone please help me with this? If I have any other questions, I’ll post in this thread. Thanks for ANY help! P.S. if anyone knows of any really good and detailed tutorials (for anything that has to do with BGE-from character design to physics/ fps to quests), please post them. Thanks again.

P.S. if anyone knows of any really good and detailed tutorials (for anything that has to do with BGE-from character design to physics/ fps to guests), please post them

Use search function or google and search for “blender beginner tutorials”.

as for some other questions:

• standard object you add to the scene (plane, cube, etc) are 2bux2bux2bu, also translated to 2mx2mx2m (bu = blender unit, m = meter)
  • as for testing, simply make a charachter setup (cube with camera and moving controls is enough) then at top of blender put it from render to game engine, now hit the 3d view mode and hit p.

Thanks, I’ll have to try that out.

The unit of blender are meters, so this is the default cube:

It is 2x2 meters on every face.
For test the terrain…use a player, there is templates in the forum.

Thanks! Also, your english is fine, dude.

Yeah… I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a character setup for the past hour lol. I can’t really seem to find anything on how to do this.

It takes a while to really get used to it, haha.

The way I do it is to have an invisible cube act as my character. I give that cube the camera focus, entity properties, movement controls, etc.
I then have my character model set to “No Collision”, parented to its armature, armature parented to the cube. (If you don’t understand any of what I just said, start watching some more tutorials. :P)