Animations inside of animations?

Hi,

I can do simple animations, such as a spinning plane and such. I’m familiar with keyframes and the concept.
Is it possible to have an animation inside an animation in Blender? Like somehow create e.g. a plane that spins with 10°/s independent on the parent animation’s keyframes. Or create an animation in Blender and then import that .blend file as an object into a bigger animation where the keyframes of the bigger animation control e.g. location of the object but the object’s own “internal” movement is controlled from inside the object. Not sure if I can explain right what I mean…

This post is a little hard to follow for me.
There is no need to be importing. I believe Blender can do it all in one blend file.
A driver can rotate, scale and move a object by rotating scaling or moving another object. for example I can make a cube and a sphere. Then add a driver to the cube’s location put sphere as the cubes object in transform Chanel and y scale as the type. when I scale the sphere on y axis the cube moves on the axis I added the driver to. I can add many drives to one object.

Remember that all actions and so-forth can be expressed in one of several different coordinate-systems. One of the choices is, “local” coordinates … local to this particular object. Blender will apply all of the transforms correctly in tems of whatever coordinate system(s) are specified. Therefore, you can easily have an object that is “moving in its own local coordinate space,” and then flip the whole thing upside down (in “world space”), and it all works.

@kazinger:
Hmmm, real world example…

Assume, I make a helicopter in Blender. I model it and create a 5sec loopable animation with spinning blades. and save this all as a .blend file.
Next step, I create a new empty file, load a video, do camera tracking, etc… What I would like to do is import the helicopter animation I made earlier into the new .blend and let it fly a path through my tracked video without having to worry about the rotor blades again (because I already made an animation for the helicopter in the imported file).