BGMC 14 | Survive the Viking

I finished! I hope everybody enjoys it

Here is the .blend https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMTDJQRkJTQ1RqLXc/view?usp=sharing

And if any issues please tell me

Fredstash

Controls/gameplay:

WASD- move (actually you can’t go backwards)
Shift- Throw boomerang
Space- Jump (you lose health faster this way but you are faster than the vikings)
C- Crouch

Avoid the vikings, while collecting their supplies to survive the day, and you must survive 3 days, have fun.

At least 10 characters

I have no idea, it may be because you are using windows, and I have a Mac. I am sorry you post that as if I should know exactly what is going on and I have very little know how on computer stuff.

Thanks for posting you errors, but I have no idea what to do to fix that

Fredstash

What blender did you compile it in?

I compiled it in 2.71, I hope that is the problem.

I’ll take a crack at 2.71

Has anyone else ran the game?

Just tried it, worked fine for me.
I just so happen to use 2.71 by default, as well as windows.

Great, how is the game?

works fine in 2.70

I liked it!
wasn’t too challenging, though it was sometimes hard to knock back enemies.
Didn’t entirely read your first post, so I didn’t know you couldn’t defeat the vikings… then I expired.

On my second attempt though, I had successfully managed to stay alive all 3 days .
Was a bit disappointed there was no “You are winner” screen, but all in all, it was pretty good.

It works (xubuntu 14, 2.72b).

Nice, I like it.

The music was very well chosen and the models were evocative. The vikings are certainly scary.

You could add some mist to the scene…

I didn’t add mist so it would be possible for you to find the tents in the mist, and I was planning on having a scene at the end with the vikings leaving (probably the first scene just turning the ships around), thank you everybody.

Yeah, I really liked the cut scene at the start. That was a nice touch.

I was wondering if there should be any changes to gameplay/controls because I am planning to remake this game with all the more modern luxuries blender has to offer compared to the N64 system, I have already created the character…

P.s I just realized the picture up top is rather outdated but that is besides the point, because you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

The mechanics of this game were nice, and the vikings were quite freaky :p, I didn’t make it past day 1.
I think the next step would be adding some textures to the terrain or the trees, but the concept of the game was pretty cool.