Trouble building Blender using Mingw/Scons

I wanted to do a little hacking on the blender source, but am having trouble building it. I’m following the instructions on http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/MinGW/Scons. (I don’t have Visual Studio, and I can’t seem to get a build working using Visual Studio Express because VCE doesn’t have a command line compiler and CMake seems to need that.)

I was able to get the build started under mingw/scons, but it stops with an error:

scons: *** [C:\dev\git.blender.org\build\win32-mingw\source\blender\blenkernel\i           ntern\autoexec.o] Error 1
source\blender\blenkernel\intern\appdir.c: In function 'BLI_where_is_temp':
source\blender\blenkernel\intern\appdir.c:743:4: warning: implicit declaration o           f function '_mktemp_s' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    if (_mktemp_s(tmp_name, ln) == 0) {
    ^

scons: building terminated because of errors.

Everything is checked out to the latest revision (blender code and build tools) and this is a clean build.
Any idea how to get this working?blenderBuildErr.zip (4.38 KB)

It looks like it’s a source code error, this will require a bit of fixing.

source\blender\blenkernel\intern\autoexec.c:54:28: error: 'FNM_CASEFOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

It says that this FNM_CASEFOLD is undeclared

But the declaration takes place here

Any ideas? Perhaps we could notify any developer to have a look at it. You can wait a bit until a fix is on the way. :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar problem “…autoexec.o] Error 1”

I hope someone find out what problem is this.

I have notified other fellow developers at IRC and they might figure out what’s up with this. We will wait a bit. :slight_smile: