Challenge #602 (02/01/15) Entries CLOSED

rarebit is out today so here’s the new topic:

Theme #602 for Friday 2nd of January 2015 is: Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 5th of January 2015.

Sounds like a fun topic :slight_smile:

Sounds like the perfect challenge I need to get some practice.

pure entry
here’s my entry :smiley:
there are no legs on this character… could not be bothered

Here is my non-competing entry:

Flame-Resistant Moth

RobertT

cool topic! placeholder.
(edit) I had big plans but got diverted…
Poison Eyeball

Many thanks Evivivi, I even fell asleep before getting online on Friday :wink:

Bean, pure entry:

Classic Mik! That made me laugh. I was going to go for something funny, but I don’t think I can beat an unboilable bean. Well played.

Robert T again has an image that seems to defy monitor color space, powerful use of contrast.

Angry Plant inc.

This is a placeholder.
This test render was 30 mins at 100 samples. My last test render was eta 12 hours at 250 samples. Crazy I know. Since I may not be able to finish this in time I may as well say this now. This is an open entry. I used MakeHuman due to time constraints.

P.S. I hope this isn’t too graphic. I checked forum rules and I think it’s ok. The end result will be more PG for sure just haven’t got the far yet… or ever

A fish with legs!

Funny thing is, is I only seem to finish a piece of artwork if it’s for the weekend challenge. I have so many half done projects, but it is fun to make little cartoony characters like this.

Same here!

Photox: thank you! I think you can do better, you just need the right idea at the right weekend, as usual :slight_smile:

Here’s my entry: “I think I went a tiny bit too far”.

I filtered it in Neat Image demo, to remove some noise in the tomatoes,
but it ruined some of the grass.
the background image is this one:http://www.hdri-hub.com/hdrishop/freesamples/freehdri/item/76-hdr-sky-cloudy

“Blue Delicious”