Queen of the Streets

This is the 6th face I have modeled and sculpted from scratch. I plan on adding some more ornamental objects maybe on the jacket. CC welcome.

Edit latest image:

Original first image:

Thats amazing. You’re almost there. the hair is perfect also the skin and the lips. the eyes can be improved, I don’t know how to call that… they could be ‘sharper’. the skin looks a bit plastic.

the jacket looks fake though and you could make the image more interesting, change the background and try some interesting lights (maybe slightly colored lights)

but hey, incredible image so far. you really have some cool skills!

hi Photox

she is looking very good, nice work so far.

maybe just a bit of work on the nose, seems a bit too stout at the top.

shaun

@sirnik, thanks. I reworked the gloss and spec maps, and changed some nodes. I think this version the skin looks much less plastic. I will work on the jacket later, but it does look very fake. I also lowered the gaussian filter to make the edges sharper everywhere.

@speed777777. thanks. I re-sculpted the nose, it was pretty large and funky. This version has a more traditional, softer and more female look to it.

New look:

B&W:

Terrific job.

Steve S

She’s looking good Photox. I do think it would be wise to spend more time trying to get the jacket more natural looking. I think maybe the collar needs to be softer, and I would continue to refine the leather texture.

You really have got the hair looking great, I like the different highlights in her hair. the improvement you made on her nose also looks good.

@steves. Thank you!
@harleynut Thank you too!

I don’t want the jacket to draw much attention from the face so I’m changing it to a neutral seude. Maybe it should be black though?

What should I do about a background?

I repainted the color map and incorporated a stronger and finer spec and bump for pores. I also added some fine sculpted bumps to break up the texture. I think the plastic is almost gone. Redid the lip bump, and tried a new tehcnique for my mesh lights using an painted circle for strength, to help break up the specularity. I changed the eyes to be looking more at the viewer.

Awsome job Those eye’s could almost hypnotise :slight_smile:
My only critz would be about her lips being abit to bumpy detailed and imo there seems to be a slight strange look with her jaw and neck (Im not quite shure what it is) maybe the shape of her neck in conjunction to the width of her jaw line?.
Nice work though she’s looking good

She’s perfect, exept the neck. Look at the scheme below — you’ve missed some muscles there.

@Kennyw thanks. I lowered the bump on the lip.
@gleb thanks. I fattened up the neck as a whole, and sculpted in the neck mucles. That being done I combed the hair over it a bit. I really don’t want anything drawing the eye away from the face. Even though it’s hidden you can still see the implied shape from the shading, I think it looks more natural now.

That’s an awesome result, Photox. Fascinating eyes and lips and hair. Well done.

The skin is nice also, but a bit too yellow around and below the eyes. In these areas with thinner skin there should be more blue and red because the blood in the veins shines though. Just my two cents.

Thanks minoribus, long time no talk!

I think I will take the colormap, do some slight color adjustment, pull out some yellow and paint the eyes darker and more red/blue.

After that some hair tweaks, and then just focus on a simple background and call it finished.

Great avatar!

I just want to know how she goes from a biker girl, to an honor student, and now a nice girl all in one day:)

Ha ha, so you were the one paying attention.

Ha ha, so you were the one paying attention.

Lol, and Harleynut skipped her second title, which was tough girl :slight_smile:

Nice catch minoribus.

I took minoribus’s advice and repainted the eyes with darker reds and blues (inside corner) I think they really pop now. Skin tweaks, minor changes. It’s getting close now. The skin is slightly too reflective, I will increase the roughness and lower gloss some. These are all raw renders, no compositing or post yet.

In case you’re wondering, yes – this girl could kick your ass.

Click for higher resolution

BW:

Hi Photox, this is really coming on nicely.

You going to hate me now, but you have to do something about the eyebrows.

Shaun

Going for a record for most times changing the thread title? :slight_smile:

Looks good!

very nice portrait, photox. her face is pretty and the expression strong… the lips seem have a problem. to me, the bump is too strong,but even more i think the form of the lower lip is not correct. i think it needs be fuller, more rounded when looking from side view. as it catches the light, i guess it is not curving strongly enough at close to the parting line of the lips… this strong curve creates a deeper more graduate shadow at the parting line… i might be wrong though, seeing the sculpt only from one view… good job altogether!

@speed, Thanks. I will work on a better eyebrow.

@pscott, I’ll stop the thread title craziness.

@doris. Thanks. I can certainly sculpt the lower lip out some, I had it fuller in earlier versions that I never showed but it was kind of taking over the show. Here’s a front and side, with a couple of my references:

edit: I just sculpted the lower lip out, lowered the bump and the latest render is looking much better…