Odd Twist in Rigify DEF bones

I have fitted a Pichipoy version of the Rigify to my character. When I generate the rig, the lowest leg bone has a twist in it that I can’t get out. I have tried fixing using “Bone Roll”, but it will not go away. It just gets worse. Any ideas. Thanks.

neilford

yeah, this seems to be a prevalent problem with many people, including myself, i’d love to see this problem solved as well but have found nothing thus far. if there ever was a solution, i wish it was more commonly expressed

I can’t be specific without a .blend of the problem rig. It may be a bone roll issue which can be dealt with in the metarig. Upper/lower leg and the foot bone should be the same roll all the way down. You can make changes to metarig and regenerate to replace the previously generated rig.

-LP

I tried re rigging many times with the same symptom. I think it is something in the Pichipoy version of the rigify rig because it does not happen with the original rigify rig. I gave up and straightened the feet in the model. Problem gone.

Neilford

Thanks for the feedback.

I edited my post. I should have said “it may be” an issue with meta-rig setup, not “is”… especially since I didn’t test it myself. I’m on a break for a couple weeks or I would test it now myself. A burnout break. I don’t even remember posting that reply.

Meanwhile, you should report this if you think it’s a bug and can make the time to do so.

-LP

To to whom would report this? I have found little support from Pichipoy in the past. thanks

Neilford

In case someone finds this thread like I did with the same problem. The DEF bone is copying the rotation of the tweak bone, I think its not always the same one so you’ll have to hunt for it.

If you go into pose mode and find the tweak bone that is rotated incorrectly you can manually adjust it. Select the bone > bone properties > Transform panel and adjust the roll degree there.

I just played with the value tabbing in and out of the pose mode until the issue was nearly imperceptible.