6th GEAR

Hi, dear Blender users and Blender game testers. Today I have arrived here with announcement. Official release of 6th GEAR has been released for Windows and tested, so it is aviable now for evryone as official game, not demo. Enjoy a free driving in open terrain. Wait for new releases, leave reviews and share game with your friends. here it is:
http://www.blender-projects.com/projects/6th-gear-racing-game

Please, leave reviews and rate this game. I also want to know- would you buy future version with a lot of upgrades? Answer this in comments.

Attachments

hello, so i tested out your game, and I think that it is an good beginning of what could be an fun-to-play game however I would not buy it as it is right now.

A few things that i did miss and or I didn’t like:

• an description of what controls I where suppose to use
  • the camera is to close up, it cuts the counter and I can’t see what that one is indicating
  • an goal, I diden’t know what to do (except hunting the points)
  • better, not that repetitive looking textures
  • perhaps some king of LOD?

things that i did like:

• car setup is good, maby itt need some minor adjustments, but in general it’s good.
  • menu/loading look’s good
  • no lagg, and fast start.
  • nicely arranged game folders

I think that you have done an good jobb so far and rly thing that this have potentials to become an fun game to play!

OK! I am currently working on the help menu. To switch to 3d person camera use F2(it will be easier to play). Currently game haven’t goal. When I will make it save-able, it will have goal to get all points to unlock next levels with neew terrains and cars. The rpetitive textures wont be visible later.

P. S. I don’t know how to make LOD. The tire animations is problem too, yet…

Updated to v1.1.3. Fixed mirror bug in linux and released b version. There is also 3D anaglyph version aviable for linux… It requieres red-cyan glasses and a bit more power of your computer.

Update v1.1.4:
-Settings now work
-Improved lighting and performance
-Upgraded settings window
-Scores now are saved
-Upgraded city

Aviable at http://www.blender-projects.com/projects/6th-gear-racing-game

Update v1.1.5:
-Added another car(traffic).
-Scores are resetable now.

All updates in the same site…

Just found the reason of that very bad performance. The camera clipping was bout 100x more than needed to see all. I am fixing that stuff now…

Could you tell me your specs? I use Ubuntu Linux 14.10 64-bit. I have 5,8 GB RAM, 3.40GHz x4 cores intel processor and NVIDIA GT610 GPU(unfortunately, I am using Noveau x.org driver, as NVIDIA 331.89 and 331.113 had some bugs, that made system errors(strange, but it had uncompability with r8169 kernel internet driver so my internet became EXTREME slow after install). Anyway, my performance is awful- game is lagging all the time, sometimes buttons loose their effect(they stop working) or they invert somehow. I get less than 14 FPS, sometimes even less than 8. why is it like that? Maybe I need another computer, which I can’t afford in no way as I am 14 years old no-income boy(actually, I am using my parents’ computer, as my laptop is from 2004 and even lags when I start to open browser). Anyway, I want to find out resolvement…

I cannot download your game. Whenever I try clicking on the link Dropbox just tells me that the file has either been moved or deleted.

Which file did you try to download? Maybe that one was deleted, as windows files aren’t kept in my dropbox, but in friend’s!

I will try to get new files, I’m sorry, but looks like so it is only aviable for linux currently… I will ask my friend to reorder all setup, maybe switch to mediafire.

By the waym i’d wait until v1.1.7 update, where will be level 2 and some more options(v1.1.6 will contain just level 1 with finished map and all 40 points, but no level 2).

Well… When I played the game, it looked like more, but actually I get 6-9 FPS when playing the game(but over 30 in menus). Horrible. I think I need new PC. Maybe someone can help me to sell 3D models?

The links to download the game are still broken, if you need some help PM me.

By the way, nice blog :slight_smile:

Thanks! Sorry for links, just wait for v1.1.6;)

Okay I will wait :yes: ; Can’t wait to see what comes next…

Keep it up…

Yes, but you will have to wait a bit, because it is lagging all the process:D Strange, because other games(even with more HD and more logicful content) doesn’t lag so much… I am still trying to improve prformance(modified some materials, as I found out so reflection texture and cock torr works better than wardisco…

Well on my pc this game doesent work at all.