Child bones doesn't move

I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvalWG8HBU until 7:00 and I realise that I can’t rotate my foot bone when I parented the foot bone to the foot IK bone then I tested further and realise again that it only happen to child bones(My inverse kinematic bones works). Even the metarig child bones do not rotate. However if I create a new blend file, the metarig and single bone child works. Did I disturb some preferences that I shouldn’t touch? AFAIK I didn’t change the configuration much

This tutorial does not use the MetaRigg… you should not either… follow the tutorial to build your Rigg… building Riggs from scratch really is not hard…

the Meta Rigg is really not intended for beginners use… it has a bit too many complexities for me to recomend it’s use for anyone just starting out with Rigging…

I highly Recomend that anyone starting to Rigg go here…

and check out Nathan’s Excellent “Humane Rigging” tutorials… they will get you up to speed quick with Rigging…

a few pointers to start out with however…

Set up your Rigg from the beginning thus…

Select your Armature > Properties Panel > Object (the box icon) > Display > check the box "X-Ray
Then
in that same Options box where it says “Maxium Draw Type” change ‘Solid’ to “Wire”
Then
with the Armature still selected > Properties Panel > Object Data (the man Icon) > check ‘axes’
This will display the ‘axis’ of each individual bone when in edit mode & pose mode… (very useful)

I’m not using the metarig, it was just to test the problem, I made my own rig like he did. I don’t believe it’s the tutorial problem, let me simplify the problem. Lets say I bring in a single bone and extrude it upward 2 times like this

. I go into pose mode and click the middle or top bone(Just as long as it is the child bone)
. I press g it doesn’t move, press r doesn’t rotate, press s doesn’t do anything
.However, I can grab the parent and move the whole bone chain but I can’t rotate the parent too .

you may have to post a file…

3Dview header > Manipulate Center Points (next to the pivot point setting) is enabled. Turn it off.

-LP

Thank you, this works!

Nevermind, I got it working

good deal!