Using UV layout as a starting point to make life size sewing patterns

I am a seamstress attempting to leverage 3d body scans to make “slopers” which are very basic sewing patterns used to fit individuals. In facet painting mode, I paint the surfaces of my 3d model grid (imported from the scan) that the basic sloper is to cover. I separate the “garment” from the model, designate seams, and unwrap it. The resulting UV layout looks pretty good.
The problem I am having is that the size of the UV islands in the layout is totally dependent on the pixel resolution set at the time of export (using the UV export panel). I have not been able to get the UV islands exported for printing at a consistent “life size scale”, independent of the pixel resolution scale.
I know my understanding of the situation might be incomplete.
I would welcome suggestions.

Export the layout as a .svg or .eps file as these are vector formats and can be set to any size you wish in your image editing software and you should be able to print to whatever size you wish

Hi Richard,
I have done as you suggest with .svg or .eps but my problem is determining what the life scale actually should be. Since I am using this system to overcome the inconsistencies of hand measurements, I was hoping there exists a way to use information from the 3d model of the garment itself to get some kind of a key measurement. I believe I have successfully scaled the model and resulting garment in blender units to millimeters.

The other idea would be to know how many square blender units are used by default in the UV layout and how many pixels per blender unit are being used. Then, using the scaling information set for the 3d model, one could use a formula to know the pixel size to set at UV export.