[FREE] BGE Plant Kingdom Package

What is it?
The BGE Plant Kingdom is a Huge collection of Game Engine Assets, Optimized but not limited to the Blender Game Engine. The BGE Plant Kingdom package covers from Oranges to Cactus Plants to Willow Trees all conveniently split up into 9 categories.

It consists of 98 seperate .blend files, some with up to 3 variations of the same mesh.

Optimization
All together this whole package only weighs in at just over 18,600 vertices (18,623), including all trees! All textures used do not exceed 1024x1024, and are included in the asset bundle.

Here is a trailer I have made for it:

Extra content
Also included in the package is a link to all the files seen in the trailer above. This includes before/after scenes so you can see how they were created and how you can use the package effectively.

You can download the package here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4VH_ZbRb8&ab_channel=ThaTimst3r

For more information visit my website: www.thatimst3r.com

This looks very nice! And the trailer was great. :slight_smile:

LOD? Nice looking work,

Thanks, glad you liked it :D!

For the trailer I actually forgot to record an additional forest scene, which is filled with pine trees, mushrooms and extra foliage/bushes, also included in the package!

Not everything has LoD unfortunately as I made this package before Lod was implemented into bge, although a couple of bushes and flowers have low res and high res versions, which i guess can count as Lod.
What I meant by “up to 3 variations”, is referring to either size (s, m, l) or minor texture or mesh changes, which aren’t significant enough be classed as a separate .blend. If you still require LoD then you can always use the decimate modifier.

Thank you for giving a copy to the winner of BGMC 14 !

No problem, I enjoyed BGMC 11 and wanted to give the BGMC 14 a worthy/useful prize to make it awesome as well!

The winner of the BGE Plant Kingdom Package for BGMC 14 is Smoking_mirror!
If you also want a copy of the package, keep an eye out for BGMC 15 or you can purchase yourself a copy here.

It’s very nice, thanks.
I’ll probably use some of the assets in my next project.

The winner of the BGE Plant Kingdom Package for BGMC 15 is Battery!
If you also want a copy of the package you can purchase yourself a copy here

Will evry BGMC winner recieve this?:slight_smile:

Yes most likely. It might occasionally disappear if I am not active during the BGMC period, but otherwise it should be there. If it is in a BGMC then it will be listed under the prize section. So you’ll have to keep an eye out ;).

Must have taken a long time. Great detail in it. I like it a lot.

Thanks! It took a total of 4 months to put together, lots of texture etching in gimp :p.

The winner of the BGE Plant Kingdom Package for BGMC 17 is Blenderrendersky and otto001!
If you also want a copy of the package, keep an eye out for BGMC 18 or donate here to ‘unlock’ it (open source for everyone)!

The winner(s) of the BGE Plant Kingdom Package for BGMC 18 are sdfgeoff and TwisterGE!
If you also want a copy of the package, keep an eye out for BGMC 19 or donate here to ‘unlock’ it (open source for everyone).

The winner of the BGE Plant Kingdom Package for BGMC 19 is gandalf3
If you also want a copy of the package, keep an eye out for BGMC 20 or donate here to ‘unlock’ it (open source for everyone).

Hey guys, we reached our goal to fund the website for one more year.
In return I’m releasing the BGE plant kingdom package for free!

Download links are in the description of the video:

A big thanks to everyone that donated.
Feel free to post what you created with it on this thread!

Nice! thanks Tim!

Wow… Congradulations with reaching goal!:slight_smile: I will give this a try!:slight_smile:

Hopefully its useful! Post some images here if you make anything awesome :smiley: it would be great to see what others can create with it.