"Hidden"

hello guys, this is my render of a cabin in the woods. everything except the original textures (cgtextures.com) were made by me. the sunbeams and fog are volumetrics and rendered apart. composition is mostly blender, there is some gimp but just a little sharp and a glow. you may find something wrong with the doors windows, also in the upper window, it will be fixed in the final render, I just applied twice a solidify modifier. anyways, let me know what you think.

this is the raw image

Great work! Some notes:

• The leaves at the top are a little too big in relation to the house. Just a bit though.
  • The flowers are too evenly spaced, and there should be more of them (ref). There should be clumps too.
  • You could use a fresnel for the roughness of the glossy shader in the window’s glass
  • Also, you could add some transparency and put some old-looking courtains behind the windows (no need to model all the inside of the house)
  • Windows could also use some kind of dust. Some kind of dirtyness effect that matches the wood
  • Use different kinds of wood. The door frame and the roof frame (is that what it’s called? :P) could use a different coloured wood.
  • Maybe you could try showing the path to the door. Like connecting it to the viewer.
  • The fence is kind of getting in the way. I think it’s the fact that everything in the picture seems to suggest a large, private space away from everything. Having a fence doesn’t make a lot of sense. Also it’s positioned as if it was broken, but it doesn’t look broken. Maybe if the wood was more weathered, and broken in places. Maybe with some ivy growing on it. I think a bush or some leaves would do a better job for the foreground there (and you can play with some cool rim light effects with them)
  • The space to the left feels a little empty. Maybe a giant trunk could work there?

Love the lighting effects too.

hey januz! thanks for the feedback
1- noted, It might be hard
2- noted, shuld be easy
3-
4- It is a glass material with 0 roughness, I might look like this because of the focal length, I couldnt fix it. I was lead to believe the glass material has the fresnel incorporated, even tough I used also a mix of the glossy and transparency shader with a 1.45 fresnel factor in an earlier render, didnt look so differente, It already has translucent courtains behind the cristals.
5- I did think of that, but I forget.
6- noted
7- noted, should be easy, It already has a path, but is not so visible from this angle
8- I was thinking of making a garden arround the cabin, but It was too much work so I went with the flower bed, I didnt spend much time in the fence, I might replace it with a trellis with some vines, make it darker, trying not to draw atention from the cabin
9- to the left of the viewer or the cabin? I had another fence to the left of the viewer, but I put that bush in front of it, I might use another trellis.

great feedback, I´ll be working on that

what do you thing of that path and flowers? remember, it will be blurred

Looking good! Paths usually have rocks semi-buried (reference), they are a little flatter and with more straight edges.

yeah, I´m keeping the path, this is the house, windows where really tricky, didnt look good with realistic fresnel, or caustics, or glass material, or shadows, it does have a lot of tweaking, I applied a texture, but it kinda gets lost in the shadow effect, which is nice, I think, I didnt wanted to be very noticeable, maybe with more samples and a bigger image. also gave a little of dark saturated red to the frames

it looks really good so far. one thing i would change is make some of the edges less strait and more rickety. they look a bit too perfect for me, particularly the close right edge of the stone wall.
VERY nice textures though :slight_smile:

@nicky2048 what edge?

this one:

Looks pretty good after post pro. More CG obvious without it, surprised how much you were able to do in post processing. Kudos!

Beautiful view! Beautiful house modeling. Good job.
How did you create yellow flowers?
I think it would be better to change the camera angel a little a bit. it’s front view, and we can see almost the left side of the house, i think it would be better to be able to see the left side more in order to feel the house in 3D way more.

Great atmosphere, I like your depth of field.

sorry for the long pause.
let me know what you think now

so, I have to make an artistic decision here, I will keep the fence, but more blurry and darker. I’m guessing this will be my final version, unless you think something is very wrong that I might not notice, I will upload it tomorrow to finish projects. This was supposed to be a birthday present for my mother last year, yesterday she had another birthday, so, I am printing it no matter what. still thank you very, very much for your feedback.

the blur on the wood in front is a little extreme, try moving the wood forward so some of the flowers are in front of it, giving it more depth. the way it sits now, it seems as if the wood is in front of the scene, attached to nothing, while everything else sits together O.o