Shout out for Building Blender

Hello everyone. First I wanna thank you for having a look into this threat.

My name is Michael and I am from Austria. I tried to build Blender for my own several times on Windows and Ubuntu(Virtual Machine). I failed. Even Though I followed the instructions on BlenderWiki.

So here is my request:
If you know anyone or if you are someone who can build Blender, please make a short article, video or anything helpful.

If possible on Windows, but Ubuntu and Linux are welcome as well, as long as I can run the final build on Windows.

I am looking forward to your videos, articles and other useful stuff.
Thanks,
Michael

I made this tuto (in french) just after succeeded in my first built (with cmake and visual studio 2013). I made an error in the last part of the tuto but correct it after.
You need visual studio 2013 (I haven’t tried with Visual studio 2013 express but I think you can make blender 32 bits versions with (not 64 bits)), git, tortoiseSVN, Cmake. Don’t forget to add SVN and git to PATH to have svn and git commands in the command prompt (cmd). The tutorial is very basic. I don’t shown how to apply patchs or create patches. Maybe I’ll try to make another cleaner tutorial and show how to apply patches. You also need a good internet connection and lot of disk space.

@ youle
You are correct, even on a 64-bit version of windows VS Express will not build anything 64-bit. You can build the blender sources with VS Express 2013 as long as it is 32-bit version of blender.

So just follow the 32-bit version instructions even if you have VS Express 12 2013 installed on a 64-bit machine/OS

Any English movies like this ?
(as a dutch guy i dont understand french, only know of a little german and espanol, but not enough for such videos)

I believe you can use the community edition (http://www.visualstudio.com/products/free-developer-offers-vs) to get 64-bit builds with MSVS 2013. At least it works for me…

Community edition is technically identical to the pro version (as of the 2013 release), but has some licence restriction (f.ex. academic use or opensource software, etc.).

Shout out to Blender Addon Developers. Especially for the new release of 2.8.

Your efforts, along with everyone else’s just help to make it better.

If this is the wrong place for this.

I haven’t cracked the code. So, here.