CARLO's friend

Here it is finished.
The HD version will be available soon on my website : www.p2design.eu

I’ve made this one as a christmas gift for my girl friend nefiew. He loves dynosaure.

Made using Blender (of course) and Zbrush.
It was the first time I used Zbrush trying to find a good workflow between both software.
I will post a PDF tutorial ASAP regarding this issue.

Original size is 3240x3240
500 samples with cycles.

Made in 3 days to meet christmas.
I’m pretty happy with final result but disapointed I wasn’t able to make him look like the real Carlo.
I was running out of time and sculpting cartoonish children is super hard.

hope you’ll like it.

Attachments

Few general poses of the character without that much camera distortion

Congratulations! You finished it on time and it turned out really, really nice! That’s professional work :slight_smile:

Only three days? Wow! Good work and the poses are excellent. Look forward to seeing more of your work in future.

Wow. Thank you so much minoribus for your nice comment.
really appreciated from such a talented and productive artist.

Pieriko you again haha. Gorgeous work as usual !
Bravo ça déchire :wink:

Merci :slight_smile:
joyeux noel

It came out great! Very well done! :slight_smile:

Agreed about the poses, they’re awesome. I would suggest fixing the main composition with realistic motion blur, realistic DOF and some color correction.

I like it a lot with the environment. The combination of only two colours, green and orange, is perfect. The perspective and the pose of the characters have a lot of motion. It is a beautiful illustration, and made in only trhee days! Congrats.

Congratulations on the top row. Cool! :slight_smile:

congratulation to top row, and to finish such a wonderful gift in only 3 days! really sweet!
i am looking forward to the tutorial you mentioned, my own workflow between zbrush and blender still feels lacking…

Congrats for the top row mate! is very nice the speed that you handle on your works!
Happy new year and greetings!

Damn, 3 days? I feel inadequate. Good job!

It is Very good. I could never do something like this now. But i think some areas of the shirt are too rough, and parts of the dinosaur are too smooth (like the nose).

Nice! looks good.
I prefer the maquette version more, but i might b biased.

Fantastic work! Great characters in great poses. :slight_smile:

The post was great. But how come your gf is HE.

Thank you all for your nice comments :slight_smile:
I will try to make this little manual on Zbrush/Blender ASAP.

Happy new year everyone

Hi all,

The PDf guide to use Zbrush and Blender is available here :
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FBCA8998E1B17AE1!145&authkey=!AAyMXIyZR49QPW4&ithint=file%2Cpdf