Looking for an artist to create a 3d model from a 2d drawing

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a blender artist to help me by creating a specific character as a rigged model. It will be used as an interactive buddy at my churches Vacation Bible School, and possibly others. A volunteer will be hidden off stage acting as the character and will be able to interact with the children. See the character here

My background is computer programming and I’m learning the technical aspects of hooking a model to a mocap device. I have no computer art ability. So far I’ve worked backwards by reviewing ni-mate’s blender addon, and building my own processing sketch that converts Kinect data to a compatible OSC format for use by the plugin.

If interested in helping, the “Mocap.blend” under the old addon section of NI-Mate’s site, or the “simple_bunny.blend’ under downloads area are 2 rigs that may help jumpstart the character creation. I’ve already used these rigs in my testing and its working great. I can provide a youtube link on request showing how far I’ve gotten.

You will be given total credit for all artwork at the church, as well as back to the copyright holder of the character. I have already contacted Group VBS, the copy right holder on the character, and have been granted permission to do this for this purpose.
Please let me know if I missed anything, I’m really excited to put this project together and see the children’s reactions.
Thanks

Hi,

I would be interested in giving it a go, not sure how it will turn out, however i would love to help out.
Here is some of my own personal work: http://jeffb.foliohd.com/
If you would like to see some more of my work, my skype is: blendernova
Also it would be great if there were some more refrence shots, such as front, side.

Cheers

Hello Jeff
Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to connect to another artist and he has started already. I did check out your work though and it is pretty impressive.