Mesh Deform

hi guys,

i’m trying to alter a rather complex mesh with the help of the mesh deform modifier.
the problem is that the falloff is very small
i thought it would act as a lattice object to alter big shapes with less control vertices but as you can see in the image the inbetween points don’t even get altered at all.
is there maybe a better way to edit a mesh with details by using a control cage (except for a lattice which can only be a box)?

cheers christian

bump …

Hard to tell anything from that image. Your cage needs to have the right shape and enough geometry to deform well. It should have enough geometry to stay close to the surface of your model without passing through it too much on deformation. Can’t say anything more specific without more information about your specific case. If you have to bump a thread it’s because no one can answer with the given information. http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?322623-How-to-ask-questions-effectively-on-blenderartists-org-support-forum

the light green lines were the lines of the cage … dark green was the object to be modified.
in the image you can see that the vertexes in the middle don’t get influenced by the vertice on the left and the vertice on the right (sorry, couldn’t resist your quote ;))
anyway … i tried it again with another mesh and everything works fine now ^^

cheers christian

your cage should not be passing through the inside of the object to be deformed. perhaps that is related to the problem.