Will blender benefit from ddr4 memory?

Does upgrading ddr3 to ddr4 increase blender in any area? ddr4 has greater memory density. If I compare ddr3 and ddr4 with equal memory, will there be any performance difference?

ddr4 is faster than ddr3 so it should render faster. but cycles is not blender to me, its a renderer. blender to me is the modeling etc because you can use other rendering engines like lux with blender. if you can model fast enough to approach the limits of ddr3 my hats off to you.

Will there be significant decrease in render time or just a bit?

Even rendering won’t see much of a real gain. Definitely not work the price of upgrading at this point unless it’s required by your setup.

Thanks, I think I will upgrade to ddr4 when I upgrade the whole system.

if your scenes are complex more memory is probably better than faster memory, just add more of what you already have. if what you already have is getting the job done stick with that, prices will make it cheaper to upgrade later when you need it. pc parts always get cheaper over time.

You could always limp along with DDR3 for now and in 2018 or so, upgrade to whatever memristor technology turn into. I’m read rumours that they allow the CPU and RAM to share the same chip, making them far faster than current technologies. They’ll also be cheap, so it just might be possible to get a 10+ gHz CPU with 96 gigs of RAM for under $500 just a few years from now. :slight_smile: