Changing the game

so,

I think I finally have a rig suitable to make a great game,

let me know what you think.

After a few rounds of tests I am placing it in resources.

Features

Dynamic motion control
MouseLook
Mouse IK aiming
Ray based camera placer
Over time - smooth moving ik/camera targets

Attachments

ControlRigEpsilon2.blend (621 KB)

Looking good!

I think it would be better for me to turn the player with the muse because it would be better for aiming , and use “A” and “D” to look over the sides.

Good work!

Thanks, I have been working on ways to reduce my number of bricks and complication, I think I can use this for Wrectified as well, However I want it as generic as possible as as simple as possible so people will actually use it,

I can have the mouse rotate the character in mode 1 (the setting ‘type’) if the mouse is at it’s max angle, then rotate physics object/character controller.

right now it’s not set up all the way, but I have a switch ‘type’ that will switch the rig from a FPS type control to a third person, and maybe a few other alternates,

I want people that are artists to be able to plop there own actor in there, and get going :smiley:
I need to set a top speed and acceleration property and jump height etc,
so anyone can adjust it,

mixed the new rig, and the PID ragdoll , I give you, the proto rig, sans a hundred logic bricks…

Note - Armature should not have skin

I need a ‘fx armature’ as currently the “action armature is skinned”

I need to add a armature that targets the ragdoll pieces with copy rotation :smiley:

now I just need the dynamic stride adjustments, and I am going to add in my modular weapon system, and a separate controller that operates switches etc